Date Night

If you watch MasterChef Australia, you're going to know where the dishes in this chapter came from~

----------------------

"Well... we're here!" Adrien gestured toward the Eiffel Tower. "I booked a table for us at the restaurant." With that, Adrien showed me into an elevator that would take us up to to the newly renovated restaurant. They'd redone the place after a while, making it more akuma attack resistant. The public was almost always in danger up there when a civilian was akumatised-the Eiffel Tower was a hotspot of some sort for supervillains. The elevator doors opened, revealing a beautiful restaurant surrounded with glass walls to reveal the scenery outside the Eiffel Tower. I walked in, observing the rectangular shape of the building-a clever architectural choice as it hid the restaurant in the shadows cast by the Eiffel Tower. The untrained eye wouldn't be able to see the place from ground. 

(The restaurant-I do not own the background/artwork)

Adrien led me to a table for two, pulling out my chair for me. How sweet. "You look amazing tonight, Mari." Adrien took my hand and gently laid a kiss on it. I had to keep my hand from trembling. "You don't look so bad either, Agreste," I replied, winking. Adrien was red to the roots of his hair. "Thank you for coming out here with me," Adrien smiled at me. "My pleasure, Adrien." I sipped on the sparkling water the nurse had poured for me, my gaze lingering on Adrien. He really was flawless in every way. Good-looking, smart, sweet, chivalrous.... The full package. He was the perfect guy. I just hoped my confidence was enough for him.

The waitress came over, ready to take our orders. "So, what'll it be?" she asked kindly. "I'll have the cacio e pepe," Adrien said to the waitress. "How about you, mademoiselle?" The waitress asked kindly. " I'll have... the squid carbonara," I replied, laying down my menu. "Any drinks?" I looked down at the drinks menu. "I'd like a lemonade, thanks."

"I'll grab one too."

While we were waiting on the food, Adrien and I made small talk. "So, Mari, how's your senior project coming?" I smiled. "Pretty great, actually. I'm making a collection. Titled 'Modern Myths'. I'm hoping they like the clothes; the finale dress is going to take a long time to create. How about you?" Adrien smiled. "I'm... writing a novel." I blinked once. Then twice. Then three times. "Yes, I'm a writer. Bit of a shocker, isn't it?" I nodded not knowing what else to do. "I'm hoping they like the book. It's... a romance." I looked up at him. "Handsome, chivalrous and a writer? You're ticking all the boxes here Agreste," I mused once I'd regained my composure. Adrien laughed. "Well... what can I say? I'm the man." I just about snorted at Adrien's comment, and was pleased to see him doing the same. 

"Your food, Monsieur, Mademoiselle." The waitress laid down our meals and poured lemonade into two glasses before setting it down next to our meals. We ate our meals, which proved to be absolutely delicious. "That was some great food!" Adrien exclaimed, laying down his napkin. "All of this was great," I said, looking Adrien in the eye. "Thank you for all this, Adrien. I'll never forget all this." Adrien blushed. "Well, I'd better pay..." I put my hand over his. "No, Agreste. Let's split the bill." We both went up to the cashier and paid before grabbing our coats and leaving. "Well, is this it?" I asked, looking at Adrien. "Actually, I was kind of hoping you'd come walk with me? There's this place I want to show you...." I nodded, smiling, before taking Adrien's hand and walking with him. 

Eventually, Adrien came to a stop by a bench, overlooking the river and in between two trees, beckoning for me to sit. "It's beautiful, Adrien," I whispered, looking down at the water. "But not nearly as beautiful as you." Adrien looked up, taking hold of my waist with both hands. "Tonight has been a wake-up call for me. You, Marinette, you've been right here, this whole time, a jewel hidden in the rough. Maybe I fell for Ladybug because she looks so much like you." I looked up at him. "But I've realised that you're the one I really want. We can take it slow if you want-" I stopped with a kiss, throwing my arms around his neck. As I pulled away, I noticed how much hotter the air around me had become. "Promise you'll stick with me." Adrien nodded. "Then, Adrien Agreste, may our as-of-yet unofficial relationship begin!" 

Adrien offered me a ride home and I accepted. As I was leaving the limo, Adrien kissed my cheek. "Night, Mari," Adrien called. "Night!" I walked in just about squealing. Alya was still in my room. I was guessing the outfits had kept her preoccupied. "How did it go, girl? What happened?" I blushed invlountarily. Well.... we went to that restaurant at the Eiffel Tower, ate, talked, went out for a walk... And then, we kissed." Alya was practically jumping up and down on my mattress upon hearing this new piece of information. 'Oh my goodness, girl, THIS IS MAJOR!!!!!! I'm totally exchanging notes with Nino about this tomorrow morning." I giggled. "Anyways... I'm sleeping over tonight!"

"Yes! Wanna watch a movie?"

"Yeah, sure!"

"What's your pick?"

"Harry Potter?"

"Sure!"

We spent the night watching Harry Potter movies and gossiping. It was Saturday tomorrow, after all.... When we finally decided to go to bed, I found myself dreaming of that moment Adrien said he loved Ladybug. Who was me. This was just... too good to be true! Adrien loved both of me! He was the only thing I thought about that weekend while I worked away on my senior project. And I just couldn't wait for Monday to come.