Chapter 1

One day after school me and my little brother went hunting it was around 4:30 p.m we was sitting there it was quit and then we heard this big noise behind us we looked and there was a big buck looking at us. I told my little brother Chris to grab the gun and shoot the deer it was going to be his first deer he ever shot. Well he shot it and it ran a 100 yards and died when it ran away he was crying says i missed my first deer and i told him that he shot it just ran down the hill and died. He said you promise I shot it and I said yes Chris you shot the deer now lets go get it where you can send a picture of it to mama and daddy. Well Chris said ok let's go get my deer so we get to the deer and he said thanks for taking me hunting your are the best brother ever. Well it was getting dark and it was a about time for bed because he had school the next day the next day came and he went to school and i told him if he been good at school i would take him hunting. He came in from school and he told me he been good at school i said let me see your folder i looked at it and he had a green face so i told him to get his stuff ready for hunting before he started getting ready he asked me if we will see anything i said i don't bud we will have to wait and see. Well we went hunting and he saw a baby deer he should i shoot it or let it go i said let it go that way it will go up and be a big buck or doe he said ok well it got dark and mama was calling us for dinner. We went home and ate dinner with parents chris asked mama if he could stay out of school and stay the night with me mama i dont care but you got to get all of your work and do it when you go back to school chris said ok i will well he his stuff ready and we went back my house when we got there he asked where is my wife and kids i said they are probaly out shopping or on there way home from my wife's grandma's he said ok well we better get in bed we got to wake up early in the morning to go hunting. He asked where do i sleep i said well you can on the couch or sleep with mason your nephew he siad i will sleep with mason. Well he told everybody goodnight and asked me if we could wake up at 5:30a.m to go hunting i told him i don't if i have to work he said i hope you don't have to work cause i really want to get another deer. I said i will tell you what if they call i will tell them i am sick and i cant work today that way we can go hunting.Chris said that sounds good to me well 5:30a.m came and i went to wake up chris he was already up he was outside getting the fourwheeler ready to go. I said chris you are happy about hunting ani't you he said yes i am if i didnt have you i wouldnt know what hunting is well we got into the treestand i told him to get his gun ready he said it is well about 7:30 a.m we heard something coming in the cornpile we looked and there was a 10 point standing there i said now chris take a deep breathe in and breathe out slowly and then shoot he shot it right in the head i told him he was a better aim than me.