Chapter 7 - A Scorching Encounter

The golden kitten woke up to find herself curled in her silk hammock beside her bat toy, she groaned quietly, scratching the back of her head. She was so confused and was a little bit dizzy, she nearly even forgot her name, but her memories slowly flooded back in her head and she remembered everything now.

Mosura peeked down from her hammock and found that Godzilla was asleep, then she drew her head back and raised her golden paws, staring down at them. She looked at the rest of her body, from her furry tail with a new black stinger to her red-orange and black, spotted wings. Mosura felt like she was in another body.

She wound silk into a rope and threw it out the hammock, she could fly out with her new wings if she wanted to, but she had no idea how to fly yet. Mosura slid down, leaving her bat, and landing gently on the soil. She crept past Godzilla without waking him and out in the open, the sand bathed in the faint light of the stars.

It was dark already when Mosura woke. She walked to the water, reluctant to see her reflection. It showed a golden and white face with crystal-blue eyes, wearing a look of uncertainty. Sure, she liked her new look, but she didn't feel like herself -- literally.

She felt that she had lived another life before because she had small dreams inside of that cocoon... meeting titans she had never really met, finding love, having an egg... even dying, and the very memory of the figure that killed her -- or that other consciousness -- haunted her, even if she hadn't met the kaiju.

Mosura shook her head, she decided to think it off at her garden. So, she sat up and turned around, heading up the slope. Then she emerged in her dark yet beautiful garden of cherry trees and flowers, Mosura sighed calmly and made her way to the cliff. She let the calm breeze blow her fur and her wings.

But a rustle disturbed her calmness, and she quickly spun her head around. She saw nothing but a ground full of leaves, occasionally coming in and going by the cue of the wind, but the absence of something she had suspicions about did not fool her. She stood up and went to investigate, standing in the middle of the leaf pile and looking around. Then Mosura heard the rustle again, coming from a bush, she saw it shaking before her own eyes for a split second.

I doubt visibly alerting the enemy is a liable tactic... Mosura rolled her eyes. She was no expert at battle moves, but even her younger self wouldn't be dumb enough to think of doing it either. She slowly approached the bush, Mosura had low expectations and assumed it was some little critter. But she thought wrong -- Mosura was ensnared into the other side of the bush, letting out a tiny yelp of fright as her heart jumped.

The small golden cat was shoved against the ground, another cat loomed over her, letting out a deep hiss. Mosura, out of fright and defense, webbed the invasive titan off. He screeched as he was sent flying out onto the other side of the bush from the force of the silk. Mosura gathered up her wings and jumped out of the bush. She saw him lying on his side, with her silk tightly binding around his front paws. The stranger struggled to pull it apart, for her silk was strong and steady.

Mosura grunted in satisfaction, smirking at him. He returned her with a glare, then a grin, seemingly a lot more sly. This sent a slight chill through Mosura. Then, the stranger blew the silk on his paws. Both cats watched, one in satisfaction and the other in horror, as the silk burned to nothing but ashes. Mosura's heart lurched as the dark-colored tomcat rose, tall and terrifying, she had a feeling that this was not going to end well...

She thought that she saw brightness flicker on his wings, then abruptly, the stranger's wings exploded in flames! He reared up on hind legs and spread out his scorching wings, roaring out.

Fright sent Mosura running, she reached a slope beside the cliff and suddenly tripped, tumbling downhill. She instantly scrambled back up and continued running, not at all looking behind her. The golden cat had meanwhile lost herself in the tall woods, where there were trees that outgrew her, she couldn't see a single star in the sky, she didn't feel a slight bit of hope...