Chapter one- The Butler

"What the hell Acacia?" Cameron was freaking out. I could read it all over his face. His braces were showing as he clenched his teeth. Wimp!

"Don't worry. My mom texted me, apparently we have.. a guest? That's all she said. Then she said that they would explain everything. Good ol' mom," I shut off my phone and sighed. I glanced down at the wood flooring then up to the spiral staircase in front of me, above my head hung a giant chandeleir made completely from different types of white diamond, given to my mother by ex husband number 3 as a wedding gift. As you can tell she kept it after the divorce.

"Well I guess it's time to meet them," I rolled my eyes, "Look, you don't have to deal with this. Go into the kitchen and make some chum and get out my moms liquor stash, set up a couple of kegs. I'm gonna go confront this, 'Guest'. See you in a mo."

He nodded to me and I watched his blue hoodie turn around the corner.

I shook off my boots and took a breath. I don't know why I was nervous. But I just had this feeling, that this wasn't a, 'normal' guest .

I walked up the staircase slowly, hand sliding along the mahogany railing, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

Looked fine, phew. Hair was good, make up fine, and I didn't really care about the White long sleeve I threw on.

As I finally got to the top of the stairs, I was unsure which hall to turn down. I could go left, or right, or forward. So instead of bickering in my mind, I did the simplest thing anyone with indescisionitis could do.

Eenie Meenie Miny Mo.

I had to thank Millie for that, she was a close friend of mine, but she was the WORST, at making descisions. That's why when you go out for ice cream you only go to a store that has 3 flavours. Not 52, I made that mistake before.

"eenie, meenie, miny, mo," I mumbled to myself while pointing, "catch the tiger by the toe.. uhmm.." damnit. How could I forget how it goes? Screw this.

"HELLO???" My voiced echoed a little, then I heard a crash to my right followed by a male, "Ouch.."

l followed the noise, down the white hallway, to a bedroom at the end of the hall beside mine. I knocked on the door. I could hear footsteps aproaching..

I put on my best smile..

But that vanished the moment I saw who opened the door.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?" I asked Mason Channing.

Big shot Mason Channing. He was the quarterback for DPSS (Duther Park Secondary School), also known as our arch rival. He was known, as a bad boy. Flirt. Popular Jerk. Ladies Man. Player.

But I've only read the cover, so who am I to judge?

I removed my scowl and went back to a smile.

"Hi, I'm Acacia. I'm guessing your this mystery guest?" I kept smiling, extending my hand outwards.

He just stared at me for a moment, and didn't reply.. did I have something inbetween my teeth? I closed my mouth. Still smiling.

"Oh, uh yeah. Name's Mason, and uh, I don't, really.. do.. handshakes?" he glanced down at my hand.

Damnit.

I'm such an idiot. That's really embarrasing.. uh oh..

I could feel my cheeks turning red already.

"Right.. hah.." I brought my hand down and brushed them against my jeans, "so.. my mom didn't really explain the entire thing. Could you sort of tell me what's going on?"