𝐬𝐢𝐱

•°•♤•°•

•°•♤•°•

"HOPE"

-hanging out & baby names.

"White troll just texted me, she said she's coming-"

"ALRIGHT THE BABY LOOKS TO BE NICE AND HEALTHY," Doctor Caron turns off the machine. "It seems your baby is quiet too non? You said the baby isn't kicking?"

Amaya rubbed the cold gel off her abdomen. "Yeah, the book said around this time I should be feeling small kicks from the baby but I haven't felt anything. I even tried some ways from blogs online and I still got no response."

The doctor pulls her gloves off, "Well, from what your telling me it sounds like your baby is just shy. This is normal, every pregnancy takes it's own course, and it seems your child is just taking it's time. This explains also why I had a hard time looking for baby when I did your ultrasound."

She briefly turns to Amaya, smiling her ears off. "Which reminds me, do you want to know the gender of your child?"

Amaya sat up, mouth agape. "You mean-"

Caron nods, "Yes. Your now in the area where I can detect the gender of your baby. Would you like to know?" She asked, pushing the equipment to the side and sitting back in her chair, rolling it towards the young adult.

Amaya adjusted her summer dress, and tucks a curl that fell out of place behind her ear. "I-" she stops, still shocked by the news.

She can finally know the gender of her child. She can get herself prepared, and have a name written down before her delivery. She opens her mouth to answer, but then hesitates. Thinking; I could say no, leave it as a surprise, and then things would get exciting when I shop for the baby and give birth.

With that, she made her final decision.

"I-" she starts, "-would like to have the gender of my child unknown to me. I think this would help me get more prepared and motivated for the baby and my delivery. With the summer mystery model event coming up at my work place. I just, don't want to pressure myself right now."

Doctor Caron grinned, "That's good." She stands up again, helping Amaya off the bed. "Your next and last appointment is in the next fourteen weeks.

You can only come to me in-between these weeks for emergencies or if you think there is something wrong with the baby. I suggest you think of maternity leave and tell your boss you need to get off work early soon."