iii. cooking is fun

“Can you wait for me here, (Last name)-san?”

“Yeah, I don’t mind. I won’t get bored watching you all practice.”

“Of course, you won’t. You’re going to see the best practice you will ever encounter. And we’re going to accommodate you with that.”

Suna and Ginjima solely watched you and Atsumu laughing and speaking to each other while they were waiting for their coach to arrive. The two were appalled to recognize that you were the one who had serenaded Atsumu. It was yet fresh in their memory as it only occurred two days ago. They were baffled as to why you are here in the gym, and to be precise, Atsumu was the one who brought you here.

Had Atsumu accepted your confession? If it does, that will be the most unexpected news they will learn in this century, for they have known their setter as the lad who doesn’t want to enter a relationship. Also, the point that Atsumu’s attention is only for volleyball and inordinately devoted to the sport to even give a damn about romance.

That is why seeing you here and communicating with Atsumu without any complications had made them inarticulate. They don’t know what they should feel about it or react. This is too swift for them to grasp and catch up with you both. On the contrary, they also commended you for having the gallantry to confront Atsumu after the stunt you had done, as though the whole event had not bothered you at all.

How admirable!

But… What the hell is happening?

Osamu, who latterly entered the gym, instantly set his eyes on his brother and you. He examined the two of you for a moment before thwarting his gaze. He strode to Suna and Ginjima, peering at the girl with flabbergast visible on their profiles.

“You both seem to be in shock,” Osamu asserted once he approached the two.

Ginjima was the primary one who tore his gaze from the pair to look at Osamu. “And you seem to be indifferent about everything. Isn’t that the girl who serenaded Atsumu?”

The wing spiker nodded his head. “Yes, no doubt.”

“Then, why is she here? Had he accepted her confession?” Suna butted in, still in wonder as his eyes fixated on yours. He couldn’t conceive the unforeseen turn of events. Well yeah, the middle blocker was astounded at you for serenading Atsumu in front of the gym. But he was more startled to see the setter talking to a girl who had just professed her love to him.

This is the first time he had viewed him approached and chatted with a girl who confessed to him. For all he knew, either he’d only cross them without sparing them a glimpse, or he’d snub them because he doesn’t give a damn.

Suna knew it all too well. After all, he has always been the eyewitness of Atsumu receiving confessions, almost every passing day.

He was amazed to behold the two enjoying themselves as if they had known each other for a long time. He has no inkling why it appears to be the two of you have omitted what transpired two days ago. As for Suna and the others still couldn't as it was extraordinary and worthy of attention for them to forget it in an instant. Furthermore, he couldn’t identify a sense of awkwardness between the two of you, but only an amiable atmosphere.

How can you do that?

“Apparently, she and 'Tsumu are classmates and partners for a presentation on their science subject. He told me yesterday,” Osamu explained with his monotonous voice.

His announcement had prompted the two to stare at him with disbelief written on their faces.

“What? Seriously? They are classmates, yet the girl had brazenly serenaded Atsumu as her type of confession?!” Ginjima’s jaw dropped upon the revelation. His mind is in disarray to even contemplate the discovery. With all natures of emotions that he can feel, the only emotion he could give you was an awkward and embarrassing emotion.