v. extraordinarily

The silence in the library is not something Atsumu fancies ever since the inception of his education. Watching all the students in each table, reading, communicating with their friends in a hushed tone and some are chilling inside due to the invigorating and mild cold air the air conditioner gives. The only thing the setter likes is the calming ambiance, and surprisingly, the smell of the old books that affords you the sense of a classical vibe, as though leading you back to the past eras where civilization had started to advance.

Currently, their teachers granted them free time to study with themselves, which led Atsumu and you to continue your work for the presentation as you were the one who proposed it. The setter doesn't mind at all if you'd discuss your topic as he favors using his free time with you.

Atsumu's eyes study your features while you are unaware of how he stares at you with curious scrutiny. You are reading a book related to physics and seeking for Einstein's famous theory to explain it to him and commence your discussion.

As Atsumu takes a good view of your face, he noticed that your eyelashes are not that long compared to the girls who he had encountered. Mostly, his fangirls and everyone who confessed to him. The sun rays pass through the big windows, reflecting your features, seemingly giving him the precise access to distinctly scrutinize you. As if the God of the Sun, Apollo is on his side and lending him his light to seize the opportunity to stare at your visage and relish the moment.

Are you wondering why Atsumu knows the Greek God? He just inadvertently saw it on the internet, that's all.

Atsumu shakes away his thoughts and proceeds on eyeing your every gesture and beholding how your pinkish lips would twitch in a simplest way—either you'd form a mini smile or pout with the information the book contributes. Additionally, the way your eyebrows would knit and wrinkle your nose. It was adorable, he deems. Atsumu rests his cheek on his palm and voluntarily lets his lips curl to form a smile as he peers at you.

'What a nice view.' His musing compels him to snicker at himself, watching you peacefully reading the book.

"Atsumu, are you bored?" Your abrupt question makes the blonde blink for a brief second before locking his honey eyes at you.

"Not really, I prefer the reticence today," he replies.

"Is that so? Then, I'm glad that you are not." You present him an amicable simper before turning your gaze on the book.

Honestly, having this peaceful moment with you despite the lack of communication is not something Atsumu dislikes. Rather, he likes the tranquil environment, and it confers him the favor to gawk at your face for as long as he wants. It's much better than being with his twin, who did nothing but provoke him with his smart rebuttals and how he looks at him with his glacial mien. It's tiring from perpetually seeing Osamu's face—though they have the same profile.

Generally, during free time, Atsumu would go to the gym and practice by himself. But now that you finally entered his sphere, he couldn't neglect you. His consciousness desires for a small interaction and having time to be alone with you. For some unknown reason, being with you makes him feel at ease, and his brain would briefly forget his burdens and responsibilities for the time being. And Atsumu will admit, he likes the feeling of being free from the grasp of his own world to travel and wander in yours.

His curiosity for you still lingers in him, too obstinate to stand firm and not wanting to be wiped away with something that captured his attention. Every nightfall, Atsumu's mind would suddenly wander to you, and he'd find himself smiling to himself.

What the heck are you doing to him? You're making him do something that he doesn't normally do. How dare you infringed in his mind every time he was idle? But Atsumu wouldn't lie that he likes it, and it never bothered him a little bit. As a matter of fact, he'd find himself in his own world again, thinking about you.