Holy shit

It was already 3:00 in the afternoon. When I woke up again, Adrian was still next to me. But he didn't have any clothes on. And neither did I. There was some spilled water on the floor. What even happened? All I can remember was the pain..he kept grabbing my arm and yelling at me. Yelling at Akira. Telling her to get out and leave me alone. Did he cut me? There were new cuts, but I wouldn't have done it. Not with him right there. They were deep and two on each leg. I was going to need stitches. Why would he cut me? To make her happy? Or to hurt her? I need to get to a hospital. What would I say even happened? How would I even get there? And that's when it hit me.

I looked out the window for mom. She was home. I threw on some sweats and my hair up in a bun and went downstairs. No Nathan anywhere. And mom was sitting at the table smoking a cigarette. "Hey mom, whatcha doin for the day?"

"He's not here. You can cut that shit out now" she said to me without even looking at me.

"Aww I kinda liked the fake mom. Too good to be true uh?"

"Don't you usually leave around now? You never hang around here"

Why did she strike me as surprising?
It's just mom. I went upstairs to grab my phone to text the only person who I knew genuinely cared. Once I got to my room Adrian was laying in bed, playing with one of my hair ties in between his fingers, staring at the ceiling. "Hey, um..I'm heading out. Your dads not here soo I guess you can hangout with my mom"

"And miss out on all the fun? Hardly. Where you headed?"

"A friends. I'll be back later. But I'm going alone okay?"

He slipped the hair tie around his wrist and got up off the bed and left. I went to my closet and picked out some baggy jeans and a band T-shirt.

Hey..I've gotten into something at home and I need a ride to the hospital it's nothing immediate but I need someone to take me. Busy? 😊 I texted to him. And just like that, he was on his way.

Once he got here he pulled right into the drive way. We both knew mom wouldn't come out to ask. I got in and out of my peripherals I saw a car seat in the backseat, specifically for a newborn. I didn't know he had a kid. I wasn't even going to ask.

"Need I ask, shay?"

"I wish I knew what happened but I don't. Long story short, I woke up to a friend of mine laying next to me and my legs cut up."

"What was this friends name?"

"Adrian. Why?"

"Adrian Shellock?"

"Umm yeah maybe. His dads seeing my mom."

"Nathan..?"

"Uh yeah. What's going on?"

"Ive had foster kids over the years and I had Adrian from ages 4-16. Until his dad decided to come back into his life. He was on drugs most of his life and Adrian needed stability. I need you to stay away from him. He looks for negativity, and makes it look positive. Not in a good way. And that's why he cut you. Does he know about...her?"

"I'm not sure. I think he's trying to make her leave"

"We'll talk about this more after we get you looked at. Let's go"