More or less.....peaceful

A small ray of sunlight filtered through the thick vegetation and bothered a sleeping tigress, she rolled over hitting another,older tigress with her paws.

The elder tigress got up, startled, but realized there was no danger and swatted the younger tigress for the fright she caused.The young tigress gave a yowl of sorts and hurriedly got up, scooting away from her angered mother. 

The two had awoken the same way every morning for almost as long as the young tigress could remember but  she didn't mind, it was a sort of......routine, and she liked having a routine to follow. She gave herself a quick  groom and head-butted her mother as an apologetic gesture.

She then sat down, waiting for her mother to move off so she could follow. They went everywhere together and never for a moment left each other's sides, each was all the other had after all........there were no other tigers in the entirety of the island. After a quick stretch the elder tigress got up and moved off, following a narrow stream that led to a pool where all the water was collected. They each had a drink and lazed about until midday. There was nothing to be excited or concerned about as food was plentiful and nothing could hurt them. When the sun was at it's highest in the sky the younger tigress got up and restlessly paced back and forth. Her mother continued to doze, she was old after all and needed her rest.

While pacing the young tigress frequently glanced over at her mother contemplating whether she should go through with her plan or not. Her decision was no easy one, even though she had had this dilemma many times before......come to think of it she made the same decision every day but as time went on and her mother got older she became more and more grouchy and going with her usual idea would result in retaliation from her mother that may or may not include unsheathed claws..............

She decided to risk it, she was hungry and her mother played a huge part in increasing the chances of a kill, she slept all the time anyway........

The young lioness pounced on her sleeping mother, a surefire way to pass on the message that she was hungry. As expected the swat that she got came with a side of unsheathed claws, but she didn't care, to her food was life 

 They eventually headed off into the undergrowth to find prey.