CHAPTER 5

The next day was still another day of school. I still remember what I told Dave about finding the people that have been sending me the letters. Well...

     I have no idea how I'm going to do that.

     I thought maybe this was an investigative story that the envelope had some story behind it. I stayed up all night just staring at the damn thing, maybe waiting for something to happen, still, I got nothing out of it.

     I slammed my locker in anger. This whole thing was fucked up.

     I swing my bag over both shoulders and was walking to class when I felt a rush of wind beside me. "Hey, Cedric". A voice beside me said.

     I turn my head sideways to see a guy about my age that had brown hair and grey hairs, his voice was laced with an accent I couldn't quite put my finger on. "Do I know you?" I asked with a raised brow.

     "Well...", he did his face as if he was in thought before answering, "No. But I know who you are", he says rather proudly.

     "As you can see I'm trying to get ready for class and I'm busy". I reason out entering the library.

     "Can I help?" he asks generously.

     "Why would I allow someone I don't know to help me?" I walked through the library with him close on my tail.

     "Okay then, I'll introduce myself. Simon Doyle, at your service", he says with a courtesy bow.

     I arched a brow, "Good to know". I admitted sarcastically.

     "So can I help you now?" He asks once again.

     I drop my bag on the table near the vending machine and move to look for a book. I couldn't let this guy in on what I am doing. "No", I say sharply annoyed at his behavior.

     I turn a corner and Simon was in front of me, a book in hand. "Looking for this?" He shook the book in his hand emphasizing it. I look at the book and realize it is the book I was looking for.

     How in hell?

     "Thanks", I take the book from his hand and return to the table. I take a seat as I begin my homework. Simon takes a seat across me and watches me as I write. There was silence between us and I was enjoying it before he decided to speak up again.

     "I heard what happened to your step-dad", I stopped writing and took a glance at him, he seemed relaxed, almost too comfortable with his arms crossed on his chest.

     I look back at the book before me but didn't write. "Yeah. What about it?"

     "What happened?"

     At this moment I was playing with the pen now. I didn't want to raise my head and meet his gaze, so he wouldn't realize that I was a bloody liar by just looking at my eyes. "I wouldn't know. I wasn't there".

     He leans forward which catches my attention and I look at him, everywhere but his eyes. His arms were resting on the table now as he tries to catch my gaze. "That's what you keep telling every other person that asks", he stops talking and suddenly slams his hand on my book, making a sharp noise which startles me.

     At least now he got my attention, I thought as I stare into his eyes. "Now why don't you tell me what happened, Cedric". He pinned me with a serious look. Seriously who was this guy?

     I have to admit, this guy was quite intimidating. Even with that in mind, I pinned him with my serious gaze, careful not to let my eyes show that I'm lying and replied, "I wasn't there".