Chapter 33

Simon drops me off at Cody's house. I try not to look at the house across the street. It brings back too many memories. I still don't want to accept the fact that he's gone.

It's only five at night so it's not that late. I walk inside and out my bag and Theo on the floor next to the door. I hear some clatter from the kitchen, so I follow the noise.

Entering the kitchen, I found Michelle struggling with pots and pans over the stove. I watch as she finally gets them all put away. She lets out a small shriek as I come into the kitchen. I chuckle a little bit at her being scared.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you", I smile as she dramatically holds her hand over her heart. When she finally recovers, she looks me up and down and a huge grin spreads across her entire face.

"I'm so happy you're here. Fable baby" Michelle practically screams as she engulfs me in a tight bear hug. She was essentially crushing my bones.

"Cant b-breath" I say through short breaths of air. She smiles smugly and then releases me from her grip.

"Sorry" she says shyly. I laugh at her. She's honestly the only person I consider a mom.

"Where's Co?" I ask, noticing that my baby was nowhere to be seen.

"He took Mike to the football field to teach him how to play a little bit. I still haven't told him you're coming to stay with us" she says jumping up and down. Keeping a secret for her was a big deal. I shook my head; I was a little sad he wasn't here. I really wanted to see him. I'll see him soon enough, I encouraged myself.

Michelle guides us to the couch. I sit down on the comfy grey fabric as she turns on the T.V. She chooses a movie and it starts playing. My entire body is shaking with excitement to see my boyfriend. It's a little chilly in the house so I grab a blanket from the side of the couch and wrap it around myself. Before I went to California, I practically lived here anyway so this wouldn't be much different.

When the movie was over, I was tired, so I told Michelle that I was going to bed for the night. She nodded in agreement.

I picked up my bags and the cage that I had discarded earlier on the floor. I made my way up the stairs and into the guest bedroom, which conveniently was next to Codys.

I made sure my chipmunk was settled on the dresser. I cleaned his cage quickly and fed him. After petting his soft little head for a while, I let the drowsiness take me over.

I crawled into the comfy queen-sized bed and under the fluffy pink comforter. I closed my eyes and the world disappeared.

I was softly pulled out of my dreams when I felt big arms wrap around my small torso. I turned my head slightly and saw a mop of dark, black hair burrowed into my neck. I smiled as Cody snuggled with me. I let the sleep take me over again. But this time it was better, because I was with Cody. I swear this time I'm never leaving him again!