Simon (+Lumon) // What The Future Holds

A/N

(The Song doesn't relate to the story at all but it's still a true banger! - just wanted to share. XD)

This Oneshot is set in the first season somewhere around episode 41-45, I think, when Simón wanted to return to Mexico because Luna didn't liked him back the way he did and he wasn't sure if he could continue like that. SO Basically...this OS is a little fantasy of mine, what I would have like to see in the show but was extremely unlikely and not in context XD It's about the relationship between Luna and Simón but with the first hint at SImbar. XD

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------

"Luna. My decision is final. I am going back to Mexiko.", Simón said, while fighting against his tears. He looked at Luna. She looked at him pleadingly and held his hand firmly in her grip. A tear rolled down her cheek. It broke Simón's heart to see her like that. Especially, since he was the reason. He didn't want to hurt Luna. But being around her was literally killing him slowly. He couldn't act like friends when he so clearly wanted to be more than that. He couldn't hide his feelings anymore. And he couldn't lose Luna.
If their being close could not guarantee him that, then the distance had to do it. The space, he hoped, would do him good. This way he had a chance to get over his feelings, although Simón doubted to ever get over  Luna. She was the most important person in his life. He couldn't get over someone like her. Luna would never return his feelings, he felt that in his guts. And although she wasn't admiring that yet, her interest was reserved for Matteo. Simón had noticed. Luna would never love him the way he loved her. And that's why he had to leave.

"Simón. Please. You can't leave me. What am I supposed to do without you? Simón. I'm begging you. Don't go.", Luna cried. Simón looked her in the eye. The sight of her gave him a deep stab in his chest. He pulled his hand back.
"I'm sorry."
Then he turned and left the Roller.
He just wanted to get far away. As far as possible. And as fast as he could. He just wanted to leave and be alone. To tell Luna that he was leaving was the hardest thing he had ever done. But to see her begging for him to stay, that broke his heart into a thousand pieces.

Exhausted, he let himself drop on a park bench, burning his face in his hands. He felt his palms getting wet and wiped away his tears. He knew he did the right choice. He had to leave. But he didn't want to. What if he wouldn't go? What if he was doing a mistake? Simón just didn't know what to do.

"Is that seat taken?", all of sudden Simón heard a familiar voice. Confused he looked up. He felt like he dropped on his head, that surprised he was to see her. From all the people, it was her...

Ámbar was the last person on earth he'd expected to show up or who'd wanted to see. Instead of giving her an answer, he stared at her, his mouth wide open. Apparently Ámbar didn't need an answer. She sat down anyway, with a certain distance. She crossed her legs and placed her hands in her lap.
"So you're going back to Mexico?", she asked and clicked her fingernails briefly.
Simón nodded. "Yes. I hope you're happy to see Luna and me like this. This is what you wanted from the start, right? To break us apart.", he replied bitterly.
Ámbar gasped insulted:" That is not true! I just wanted that Luna"- she corrected her tone to a calmer one ," I just wanted what I thought was best for everyone, four our team."
Simón snorted amused. What Ámbar had thought was the best, was by far not what was best for the team. She wanted to hurt Luna from the start. Simón leaned forward, supported his elbows on his legs and folded his hands in front of his head. Then he turned his head and looked at the blonde at an angle.
"Why are you here, Ámbar? Do you want to rub my nose in your victory now, too?"
Ámbar looked to the ground and for a moment Simón thought she actually felt slightly guilty.
"I was just walking by and I saw you sitting here." She paused a little. Eventually, she added quietly. "I didn't think you'd give up so easily."

Simón looked away. He couldn't stand the look of her any longer, because Ámbar wasn't completely innocent here.
"What am I supposed to do? I was too late because you had me kidnapped and Luna skated with Matteo instead. There wasn't much left for me.!
"That's not what I meant. Besides...I didn't want to kidnap you. Luna was supposed to be the one. It was an honest, stupid mistake from those idiots. I wanted to skate with Matteo. And also! It wasn't kidnapping...I'd like to call it a short trip." Simón there her a glance that let her know how little she was helping to make her look better in this situation. 
Why couldn't she leave him alone? Ámbar was a snake from top to the bottom.
Ámbar inhaled sharply. "Anyway...", he paused, her shoulders sank, "You love Luna and then you just let her go, because for one second you weren't there and Matteo skated with her instead."
Simón shook his head. "It's more complicated than that."
"Is it?", she countered. Simón gave her a crooked side glance.
"Okay, Matteo and Luna obviously feel something for each other, although I don't understand what he sees in Lunita. But you love  Lunita. She is the reason you moved here. And now you just want to go? Just because your plan didn't work out?" She raised her eyebrows. Driven by feelings of guilt from within himself, he avoided her gaze. Why did he talk about it with Ambár anyway?
Ambár, of all people.

"Trust me, if I'd given up just because a plan didn't work out the way I wanted, I wouldn't be where I am now."
'And you're proud of that?', Simón asked in his head because he was too afraid to say those words out loud. Ámbar was an unpredictable and scary person.
"I am just wondering how the guy who flew thousands of kilometers for another girl, a guy who gave up his entire old life for that girl, just won't fight for her anymore, when it's getting hard. Besides you've found friends here, you are in a Band...do you really want to give all that up?"

Simón swallowed.  He put his chin down on his hands and stared straight ahead. The trees and the path merged into an indistinct mass of color. 

He did not know what he could believe less; that Ámbar was giving him advice or that Ámbar's words actually had an effect on him.
Simón looked at her. Ámbar's bright green-blue eyes looked right back at him. He'd never experienced her to be so honest. He could read in her eyes that she was being serious. But he didn't understand why. Ámbar was and remained an enigma. He would probably never find out what made her tick.
But what he understand was, that Ámbar was putting up some act to be cold-hearted. Maybe she copied that from her aunt...

"Why are you doing this? Why are you helping me?", he finally asked her. Ámbar seemed taken aback. Nervously she tugged at the hem of her dress and hesitated to answer. Simón observed her closely. He couldn't figure her out.
Simón leaned back, his hands automatically falling in his lap.

Ámbar cleared her throat.
"The team.", she replied, her voice sounded thin and low. She had to clear her voice again. "You are part of the team and I want to get far, I cannot allow that additional Drama. I mean, we as a team can't allow that. Besides as soon as Matteo comes back to his senses, he'll come crawling back to me and couldn't care less about Lunita. I mean, he is obviously doing all that to make me jealous."

Ámbar might be professional at masking her feelings, but her mask was starting to trickle. Simón had noticed the small break in her voice when she talked about Matteo. He didn't know who she wanted to convince more: Simón or herself.

"What I am saying, Simón is", she continued like nothing had happened. She placed her hand over his. A small electric shock passed through him, followed by the heat that spread through his body.
"You never know what the future holds out for you and you'll never find out when you are leaving now."

She let go of her hand, Simón followed her with his eyes. Then Ámbar she got up and went in the direction she had come from, leaving Simón to question his decision once again.

-----------------------------

A/N

I hope you guys like it! 
I'd love to hear what you think. 

Stay safe and healthy !!

Jojo