Chapter 9

" As I made a turn to the last section of the exhibition, I was shocked to see the portrait come together.

It was me! " 

Summer's POV

W-What? Why am I there? How? 

" Summer? " I turned around as I heard my name being called.

" Edward? " I asked, confused and shocked.

He said he was working.. Why is he here? 

" Why are you here? I thought you were working? " I asked.

" Well, um how do I explain this.." he paused for a while and continued, " I'm an artist. These are my drawings." 

" No way... " I uttered in disbelief.

" Yes way, " Edward chuckled.

" I'm sorry I didn't invite you. I wanted to, like really bad but the event manager said that they can only allow a certain number of people and it wasn't possible to invite someone at the last minute. I'm really sorry, " Edward apologised.

" Hey, no it's fine. Don't say sorry! I totally understand, " I smiled.

" I really love your drawings by the way. They are all really pretty and I'm shocked to see that you drew..." 

" You? " Edward finished off my sentence.

I chuckled and nodded. 

" Yeah, well I didn't know it was you  at the time I drew it. I happened to be at a park at the same time you were and I guess you caught my eye and I was mesmerised by you and your beauty at first glance so I had to draw you. It's no wonder you looked quite familiar at the wedding but I didn't really pay much attention to it, " Edward looked away, his face flushed.

Oh gosh, he's so sweet. I feel like my heart's about to burst and I'm sure my face is really red right now.

" You're cute, " I blurted out. 

Oh crap why did that slip out?

" I think you're the only person who finds me cute, well besides my mom that is, " 

" I-I uh it slipped out but hey, it doesn't sound bad, " I shrugged and laugh.

" Have you read the description? I had to keep it short for aesthetic reasons, " 

I shook my head and proceeded to read the description under the drawing he drew of me.

" Title: SUMMER.

    It's impossible for someone to encapsulate beauty itself.  "

I expected more but I think this one sentence was enough to make my heart flutter and fall for him even more.  

" Thank you, I appreciate it a lot. You're really talented too, " I bit my lip, feeling shy.

We chatted and walked around the exhibition for a while more and then he asked me out on a date next week and I agreed. 

Thank goodness Violet cancelled on me.

* next day *

" Yeah, I'm on my way! " I replied and got in my car.

We were suppose to meet 15 minutes earlier but I overslept and now I'm rushing to meet my friends. 

As I reached the place, I rushed towards them and blurted a few sorrys' here and there. 

While everyone was peacefully eating and chatting, Gavin said he wanted to announce something. 

" You guys are one of the most important people in my life so I'm glad that you guys are here as I'm announcing this. So, as you all knew, Claire and I recently went on a trip to Paris. And- " 

" We're getting married! " Claire interrupts.

She gave Gavin a cheeky smile for interrupting him and Gavin chuckled at her. 

I'm so happy for them! It's about time they got married. 

" About damn time ! " Gwen yelled out.

I hugged Claire and congratulated her. 

" I want you to be my maid of honour, " Claire asked me.

" I-I yes! A thousand  times yes! " we burst out laughing.

A/N 

I'll post the next two chapters tomorrow! Sorry for the delay but online classes and assignments has been really tough to juggle.