Chapter 19

3rd POV

" Hey call me back when you can, I really think that we should talk, " and the call ended.

He looked around the house, everything was a mess. An idea came to mind and he decided that he should clean the house. I mean, it is his house. Who else is going to clean it, if not himself?

On the other hand, she was facing a dilemma. Unsure if it was too good to be true. 

" Could it be? Has he finally come to his senses? " she wondered.

Though, an unsettling feeling sets in and she doesn't really know if she likes this change.

She was deep in thought that she didn't realise someone was at the door, watching her and heard everything.

Summer's POV

" Hey do you maybe want to go out on a date sometime next friday? " Edward asked.

" I thought you were never going to ask me so I was going to ask you instead but well, here we are, " I chuckled.

" Aww you guys are so adorable, " Violet chimed in.

" How long have you been standing there? " Edward asked.

" Long enough to see you fumble over your words, " Violet laughed.

" Ha ha very funny Violet, " Edward remarked and chuckled.

" Right, so she's still here, " Violet stated.

" Who? " Edward questioned.

" She's referring to Stephanie, " I answered.

" Oh, right "

" What should I do? Do I tell her that she should get out of my house or something? " I asked.

" And burn her clothes, yes " Violet added.

I gave her a disapproved look.

" What, I'm just saying, " Violet shrugged.

" We could talk to her about you know, what we talked about yesterday, " Edward reminded.

" Oh yeah, that, "

" What? Am i missing something? " Violet asked, grabbing a piece of bread.

" Yeah, no, Edward and I talked about what Stephanie had told us yesterday and we thought, well it sounded kind of off in some parts, don't you think so? "

" I find her off, " Violet ate her bread and left the room.

" Where are you going? " I asked.

" I have no idea but what I do know is she's upstairs so if we're going to talk about her, we're going have to be mote discreet, " Violet answered.

" Violet's right. We should talk somewhere else. Maybe the cafe nearby? " Edward suggested.

" Yeah, sure but let's tell Stephanie we're going out first, " I said.

3rd POV

The trio went out the living room and saw Stephanie there, ready to leave.

" Where are you going? " Edward asked.

" Um I'm going to stay at a hotel, "

" What about Jack? Are you never going back? " Summer asked.

" Well, I'll figure it out I guess, "

" Oh alright. Take care then, " Summer bid Stephanie goodbye.

" Yeah, bye " Violet stressed as Stephanie left.

" Well she saved us a trip to the cafe, that's for sure, " Violet said as she sat down.

Stephanie's POV

" XX please, " I gave the cab driver my address.

What's gotten into Jack? Why the sudden change?

*time skip*

I rang the doorbell and was greeted by Jack.

He was smiling. It was a small genuine smile. One I haven't seen in a long time. By that I mean, in 8 years.

That feeling of guilt immediately came back and I felt uneasy. This is wrong. Everything is wrong.

" Come in, "

I nodded and I was surprised at the state of the house when I saw it.

" W-What happened here? " 

" I cleaned it, "

" Yeah, but why? What's going on with you? Why are you so...nice? "

" I told you, I wanted to make it up to you. I'm sorry for everything and I want to try to make this work. I'm going to stop living in denial and I just want to start afresh, " Jack answered.

" Oh, " was all that came out of my mouth.

" Please? " Jack plead.

I knew that this isn't right. Though, I still answered yes.

Jack gave me a small smile and caressed my baby bump.

" I'm going to go buy some food. You up for Thai food? "

" Yeah sure, " I gave a faint smile.

As he left, I went to my room and sat down on the bed feeling heavier than before.

I have to do something.