Chapter 1

The woods came into view, and a sigh of relief escaped me as we passed the woods with no signs of possible murder. "I would never harm you, you know that right?"

"Huh?"

"You think I didn't see the way your body was so tense right up to the point where we completely passed the woods?" I could feel my face rash with heat as I realized he'd been watching me.

"I don't know what you mean?"

"I know what you were thinking,"

"And what is that exactly?" I said with a wide grin as I looked up at him.

"Well, you were thinking that.." His eyes swirled with playfulness as he continued, "I was going to hurt you and leave you out there, in the woods. I would never have done that, I would at least tie you up so you wouldn't escape." I gaped at him, startled by his response. When I looked back at him, his smirk went on to a full fledged smile. I could imagine a maid back in the castle fainting, had they had the chance to witness such a magnificent event. We stayed like that for a moment until his eyes gazed down at my lips and then back up to meet my eyes. I noticed something different in his eyes. Luke looked down at my lips once more, and I felt him lean forward, I felt myself lean forward. Luke's lips were just about an inch away from mine when

Beep! Beep!

"Hey there, you, Royal cuteness!" I knew that squeaky voice anywhere, and I didn't like that voice anywhere! Princess Kristen from Switzerland was the most well known princess in the academy. Though her voice was annoying, she was mean and quite rude, surprisingly never to me, I did admire the speeches she gave at the academy's monthly seminars. Luke and I quickly stepped away from each other at the sound of her voice.

"Hey.. Princess Kristen" Luke scratched the back of his head as he turned around to greet Princess Kristen as she got out of her car. I suddenly felt invisible again.

"What are you doing walking alone?" Walking alone? I never thought I'd see the day that Kristen would succumb to the ranks of the twins and the rest of the school, but I guess miracles do tend to occur. Now I really am invisible, apparently.

"Oh, Kristen in case you didn't notice, I wasn't walking alone. I was clearly walking with Princess Austria here, or do you need glasses to see that?" I bit my lip to try to stop myself from laughing, although barely stopping a huff from bubbling out. Kristen gave me a sneer, she only gave her competitors during a debate, at least she viewed me as competition, that has to count for something, right? But Luke shifted so that he was covering me from Kristen's view.

"Okay whatever." And just like that, she hopped into her car and drove away. Yet again, I never knew Kristen to back off a competition so effortlessly. A little scared and concerned for my safety, I didn't spare Luke a second glance, I just looked forward and kept on walking. All of a sudden I was nervous and wanted to be by myself, imminent danger does that to people, sometimes.

"Hey, are you okay?" Luke gently grabbed my arm to turn me around. In that instant, the hairs all over my body shot straight up. When I turned around, I could see the confusion in his icy blue eyes.

"Erm, yeah." As I responded the little bump in my throat grew twice its original size. I started to walk faster, it would get dark pretty soon. Luke caught up pretty soon. The rest of the walk to the castle was quiet. Once or twice I felt him look at me but I made it my mission to look straight ahead and keep on walking. I didn't care if he was planning to kill me or whatever, I wasn't letting him get into my head. Or so I thought

Luke

I don't know what I did wrong, why wouldn't she talk to me? Or even look at me? I wanted to know so bad but I wouldn't make her feel more uncomfortable than she already is.