𝟐𝟏

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒐𝒏𝒆 ﹚࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒐𝒏𝒆 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Despite Rory and Kai's relationship only lasting for a few months, Rory found it odd to actually be without the heretic for once. Kai has always been quite clingy, almost borderline obsessive. It's weird not to hear his footsteps trailing after her as she walks down the hallway of the Mikaelson compound—it's weirder not to see a cup of coffee set out for him on the table in the middle of the courtyard that he either left behind after forgetting to drink or keeping it out to irritate whoever has to clean up after him.

Rory fiddles with the bracelet around her wrist. Freya made it clear enough—she cannot take it off, no matter what. It's one of the only things keeping Kai tethered to her, and his life is already hanging by a thread as it was. One small slip, it could be over for everyone.

Rory's train of thought is interrupted when Kol and Marcel suddenly storm into the compound, looking frightened and completely out of their minds. Rory's eyes zero in on the red colour that stains Kol's shirt, the scent of blood permeating Rory's nostrils. She immediately presses her fingers against her nose, covering up the scent the best she can before she starts to thirst for it.

"Rory!" Kol calls as he notices the brunette standing at the top of the staircase. His eyes are frantic, borderline manic. Rory walks down the staircase, a concerned frown on her face. Before she has time to even inquire what's going on, Kol sputters, "I killed her. I killed Davina."

Rory's eyes immediately widen in alarm. "What? Oh my god, Kol, how?!"

"The ancestors, they must've...they must've done something when I was brought back. They hexed me," Kol is almost hyperventilating at this point. Rory wraps her arms around Kol's middle, resting a soothing hand over his back. "They...I couldn't stop, Rory. I couldn't—"

"Shh, shh," Rory soothes, cupping his face in her hand. "Kol, it's going to be okay. It's going to be fine. What do you need? Tell me what you need."

"F-Freya, or...or Elijah. Anyone," Kol wraps his hand around Rory's wrist, clutching at it desperately.

"You're in no shape to talk to either of them like this," Rory's eyes flicker to Marcel's, meeting his gaze in a worried manner. Marcel slowly nods. Rory turns back to face Kol. "Go upstairs, take a shower. Clean yourself up, bub. We'll talk about this when you're calmer."

"Rory—Rory, I can't—"

"I know," Rory interjects. "I know, Kol. But I can't understand you when you're stuttering all over the place, which means Nik can't understand you either if I call him down here. Please," Rory pleads. "Take a shower. Calm yourself down; I can hear your heart beating out of your chest."