Chapter 4

Now, I know your all thinking; who the hell is August Miles and what kind of name is August Miles?

Well, August Miles is someone who had crush on me in 8th grade and we flirted for a while, I pretended that I had no interest in him whatsoever. But secretly...

I did. 

We stayed like that all through eighth grade while our friends tried to get us together, but mostly went after August and try to make them commit his true feelings for me and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Fast forward to 9th grade, where August Miles became some of kind of, what's the word, sex god.

The boy who was once pudgy and annoying. Became lean and kind. The boy who used to get in trouble for everything under the sun all throughout middle school, became, well he's still a trouble maker.

What I'm trying to say is that he had a huge glow up and suddenly every girl that called him fat and gross where all on his dick.

Typical ho's, you know?

But, he still stuck around me for whatever reason. I think at some moment we both just accepted the fact that we never would go further than being friends with harmless flirting here and there.

But in the middle of the year, he told me he was moving schools to go and live with his mom. He said, it wouldn't be too far away just 20 blocks from Johnson High. 

I told him, I would be alright and that I had Sabrina and Olivia and Myra to keep me company.

On his last day of school, it was very somber between the two of us. We barely talked to each other, despite having like every class together. 

I still wasn't worried, I still had his number saved in my little flip phone.

At the end of the day, I decided to corner him in the shady tree area by the pathway for people who walk home.

'You haven't spoken to me all day,' I crossed my arms in front of my chest and made my best accusing face. "Why?'

August blinked several times and said, 'Me, what about you! You haven't spoken to me all day either!'

'That's because I thought you were avoiding me all day and didn't want do anything with me, you didn't even say hello at lunch!'

'Have you stopped to think about the kind of friends you make? Myra was giving me death glares as I  was going to your table!'

I was stunned. Myra isn't usually like that.

'August your a real pain in my ass sometimes, I just hope you know that before you leave me forever.' I huffed.

August just smirked, 'Ditto'

We stood there glaring at each other, as cars and skateboards zoomed past us.

August bent his neck down, so our noses were inches apart. 'You know Chastity you have amazed me since 7th grade.'

'7th? We met in 8th. Remember?' I fought keep my voice higher than a whisper.

'No, we met at the end of 7th. When you hit me with your bookbag.'

'But that was an accident!'  August  just smiled  slightly.

'No, it wasn't .'

I looked up in his beautiful eyes, the eyes that I feel in love with.

Before I lost my nerve, I brushed my lips against  his. I felt him tense. I backed away and turned my head in embarrassment. He used two fingers to turn my head forward, forcing me to look in his eyes again.