I love you too much pt.1

⚠️Warnings:⚠️

- Hanahaki

-A little fluff

-Pretty angsty though

-Momojirou

A/N: Sorry this took a while! I should finish part two soon!

_____________________

Hanahaki:

Hanahaki is a disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from unrequited love. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings romantically, or when the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear.

Jirou POV:

It was another day for us, after the festival Yao-momo and I would often do duets together in my room, it was genuinely fun and I relished being with her. It normally occurred every weekend, today was an exception though, it was a Friday. She usually only did this if she needed to study over the weekend. She is a hard worker after all. I remember that this is one of the reasons as to why I fell in love with her. She has such astonishing charisma, she always works hard, she's so feminine and she's so modest about it! I love her so much. I was contemplating confessing to her today while we were laying on the floor, staring at the ceiling- another thing we usually did to cool off afterwards. She kept talking about school as the rain battered against my balcony door. The happy gleam in her eyes made my heart long for her.

"Ah, Jirou, may I please ask you something?"

She asked, seeming abashed as a blush began creeping up her face. This gave me hope. Maybe she loves me as well! Maybe she reciprocates my feelings, I did see her blushing while looking at me, sometimes. I was excited but didn't want to let it show.

"What's up Yao-momo?"

I responded, hoping it didn't appear as if I was trying to force out the casual words.

"Well, I do believe I need some love advice..."

She covered her face in her hands while saying this. Maybe she was planning to do that thing they did in her romantic movies? I hope so. I don't think I can handle her liking someone else. I love her so much...

"Ooooooh, the great Yao-momo needs help from little old me!"

I laughed, teasing her.

"Well, who's the lucky person Momo?"

She smiled wistfully as she removed her hands from her face, staring at the ceiling again.

"Well, Jirou, I really really like Todoroki-kun..."

She whispered in a hushed tone as if anyone would hear her in my room, in fact, it was so quiet I thought she could hear my heart crack. Of course, the storm outside kept raging on.

"Pfft, he's so stoic Yao-momo! What do you like about him?"

I forced out a weak laugh from my lips, feeling my heart catch in my throat.

I couldn't bear to listen. I spaced out as it felt similar to all sound drowning out from my world, it felt like all of my senses turned off. One by one. I could barely process what was happening and before I could comprehend anything I was waving a sleepy, dreamy, tired Momo out of my room as she headed back to her room. I don't remember what happened. Time felt so slow. It felt so pointless. My music seemed to disappear from my life.