You didn't believe me

⚠️Warnings⚠️

-Angst

-Shitty ending

-A little fluff between Kiri and Mina

-Kiribaku

-Mature language

-Bakugo is a dick

_________________________________

In this world, you are born with a tattoo-like mark. This mark will be related to your soulmate's and shift colour once you meet your soulmate. However, if your soulmate dies, you lose an aspect of a sense, there's a variation in what you could lose. Some people have lost the ability to taste the spice in food, others have lost the ability to feel in their fingertips. It's all dependant on the person that has lost their soulmate.

__________________

Kirishima POV

I was excited to get home today. I had a good day at work and I finally mustered up enough courage to propose to Katsuki. Six years was a long time and he'd been getting distant. Of course, he told me it was just work, but I knew it wasn't that. I sometimes woke up at night to hear him grumble about us not being real soulmates. Except, I was planning to change that! I managed to discover someone with a quirk that would determine whether or not you were true soulmates with someone!

I hummed in delight as I drove home, parking in my allocated space just outside the apartment complex.

I hurried out of the car and leapt up the stairs before unlocking my door. Merely to be welcomed with silence. Katsuki should've been back by now. I walked in and shook my head. He must be out buying groceries! I reassure myself before closing the front door and travelling to our room to shower.

It was virtually empty.

All the things that Katsuki bought were gone.

He solely left behind a note.

A note I refused to read.

-

I woke up with a start. The distant memory of my dream replaying in my head.

I looked down at my shaky hands as I sobbed into them.

It pained me so much.

I missed him with every ounce of my being. Even if it had been around 3 years since he left me. I still loved him and that's what hurt the most. He moved on so easily. He left me behind with unrequited love and an apartment filled with his memories.

I started to cry harder, my breath shortening as I started to sweat.

He left me.

He left me.

He left me.

I didn't realise I was shouting aloud. The realisation only dawned on me when Mina burst into my room.

My chest continued tightening as she wrapped her arms around me.

"Kiri, stay with me. I'm here. I won't leave you, okay?"

I nodded as she started petting my head.

"Can you count to ten with me?"

She asked me as I buried my head in her shoulders. I simply nodded as a response.

She encouraged me to count to ten and back down again. I got control over my breathing.

"Do you want your medicine with water?"