Chummy Sparklestone (Part 3)

In Guy Diamond's pod, some of the Trolls were enjoying Guy's cupcakes, especially Tiny Diamond.

"Yeah, Daddy makes the best, mouth-watering, fanciest Red Velvet cupcakes EVAH!!!!"

Biggie complimented Guy's cupcakes, "Mmm-mmm, those were the best cupcakes I've ever had, Guy."

But then, Cooper appeared from the window, "Oh, were they? Then why have you been hiding cupcakes in your hair? Maybe because...you don't like Red Velvet! Frosted."

Guy and Tiny gasped, "Whaaaaaat?"

Biggie was devastated, "My secret shame!"

***

In Lonesome Flats, Clampers was giving her Aunt Delta a present.

"Just a little something for the best aunt ever!"

Delta was so excited, "Oh, honey, I can't wait to see what you got me."

But then, Cooper appeared out of her hair, "Oh, can you? Judging by the smudges of orange, red, and white clay on her hands, I have already figured out that this so-called 'surprise' is nothing more than a...clay model of her Aunt Delta!"

Clampers gasped with unhappy bewilderment. Her Aunt Delta opened the present to see that Cooper was right.

"This case...frosted."

Delta was not happy about the spoiled surprise, and chased Cooper out of Lonesome Flats.

***

In Volcano Rock City, Barb was preparing a surprise party for Riff. Riff then came up on the stage as per Barb's order.

"So, what's up, Queen Barb?"

"Oh, nothing, really."

Cooper then came up from a trapped door under the stage, "Oh, nothing? Then why is it that you two and myself are the only Trolls in this arena with everything super quiet? Maybe because...you're planning a surprise party for Riff! Frosted!"

Every Troll who was hiding then came out with disappointed looks on their faces with the food, presents, and balloons and all flatly said, "Surprise."

Barb was really angered, "Dude, what the heck?!"

***

Back in Pop Village, Poppy and Cooper's family had gotten word on what Cooper's been up to.

King Quincy was not pleased, "Cooper did what?"

"He's spoiling fun across the whole nation. He's sabatoged at least 15 present openings and surprise parties in the last  hour!"

Queen Essence asked, "So, what do we do?"

Poppy replied, "I don't know, but we've gotta come up with something fast before another surprise is ruined."

Just then, Bliss Marina, TBDB, and a few other Techno Trolls came up to Poppy.

Bliss spoke first, "Poppy, help! Cooper's on our tail! He's going to ruin our big surprise; Trollex's birthday is coming up next week and everyone in Techno Reef spent the last couple of months making a special mixtape for him to play at his party."

Poppy was delighted to hear such a sweet surprise, "Awww! Wait, how did you all keep that a secret from him?"

TBDB answered, "Eh, whenever we need to work on it, we simply send him on a little fool's errand. *Snickers* This time, we told him there might be sea snake eggs somewhere in Techno Reef."

***

Back in Techno Reef, Trollex was searching every corner of Techno Reef wearing a safari hat and holding a net and carrying a bag on his back.

***

Bliss begged Poppy for help, "Please, Poppy, we're so close to finishing the tape! We can't let Cooper spoil it now!"

"There's a mystery afoot!" Cooper came up on a nearby hill, "And, I'm gonna solve it."

"Run!"

Everyone scattered, but Poppy, Bliss, and TBDB went in the same direction and hid behind a tree.

"I think we may have lost him."

They didn't, "Oh, did you?"

They screamed and then went to the center of Pop Village, then Poppy, Bliss, and TBDB stopped for a moment of realization.

"Wait, what are we worried about? The surprise would only be spoiled if Trollex was here and he isn't."

But then Trollex came up to them, "Hey, guys!"

The trio gasped.

TBDB asked him, "Trollex! You're back! Why?"

Trollex answered, "I checked all of Techno Reef and I didn't see any sea snake eggs."

Bliss tried to buy them some more time while she hid the tape behind her back, "Really? Well, did you check-"

Cooper appeared again, "Going somewhere?"

They were surprised and tried to back away.

Trollex just looked at them with confusion, "Cooper, what's going on?"

"I'll tell you what's going on; the case of the Masked Music Makers is..."

Cooper was about to pull out the tape from behind Bliss's back until the Funk family came up and shouted.

"Wait! Just hang on a sec."

TBDB used his antennae to slap Cooper's hand away.

King Quincy started, "Chummy, you haven't solved Trollstopia's most challenging mystery; the case of the Concealed Cooper." He pulled out Cooper's green hat.

Cooper was interested, "Hmmmm...Go on."

Queen Essence continued, "Cooper, the Troll who wore this hat and is a part of our family, disappeared last night and no one has been able to find him."

Prince D then asked, "We really miss him. Do you think you can find him?"

Cooper thought and then chuckled, "The most challenging mystery? Your Majesties, this is child's play. For you see, there is a tuft of the victim's hair tucked in the hat, and even after the most cursory of searches , I have already deduced that this so-called 'Concealed Cooper'...is ME!"

Cooper then put a blank stare on his face, "Oh."

Poppy then asked, "Cooper, are you...you?"

Cooper pooped out a cupcake and said as he took off his detective's outfit, "Yep! Boy, that was weird, even for me. Sorry, I've been gone for so long."

Everyone just let out a sigh of relief to have Cooper back.

***

A week has passed and Trollex's birthday finally came. He opened the present from his people and was surprised to see the special mixtape.

"Could any king ask for better citizens? Thank you all so much!"

TBDB clearly spoke for everyone when he said, "Anything for you, man!"

Everyone cheered as Trollex and TBDB made their way to the DJ booth and started remixing the tape.

Poppy then spoke with relief to the others, "Well, it all worked out in the end. Trollex got his big surprise, we got our friend back, and all the signs of Chummy Sparklestone have disappeared.

Cooper agreed, "Yep, they sure have!"

Smidge looked a little disappointed, "Really? All the signs have disappeared?"

"Pretty much."

Cooper then gave Smidge a creme brulee.

"Creme brulee?"

Everyone stared at Cooper with bewilderment.

Prince D jokingly said, "I'm not sure if that's a leftover sign or just my brother."

Everyone laughed as they continued enjoying the party.