eleven

"Ow! Seungmin?! You're so heavy!"

"Awww, Jinnie, are you mad?"

"Is it too much to ask to let me sleep?"

"It's 10 AM already! I'm bored and want to go on an adventure."

"What are you, two? Little mister Dora the Explorer?"

Seungmin just smiled and rolled over on the boy, pressing his back onto his shoulder and trying to make himself as heavy as possible.

"I'm not moving until you promise to get up."

Hyunjin sighed and smacked Seungmin with a pillow.

"Alright, alright. I'm up."

Seungmin smiled and peeled himself off of Hyunjin, grabbing his foot and dragging him out of bed.

"The other guys are going to have a picnic on the train tracks. Let's go! Chan made breakfast!"

Hyunjin just peeled himself off of the ground and smiled fondly at the giggling boy.

——

Seungmin and Hyunjin were seated at the corner booth in the diner again, sipping their milkshakes and cracking jokes. The two had left the picnic early to get dinner together at the diner.

"Hyunjinnie?"

"Yes?"

"Can I have a fry?"

"You have your own fries."

"But I want your fries."

"But they're the same-"

"But I want yours."

Hyunjin just shook his head and held a fry out to Seungmin, who proceeded to eat it out of his hand.

"Are you a horse girl?"

"I'm so offended."

The two boys smiled and laughed at each other, enjoying the other's company. But that was before the bell above the door rang and two people walked in.

"Rui?"

"Seungmin! Hey!"

Seungmin ran over to give the girl a hug.

"How are you?"

"I'm great!"

"Rui? Who are you talking to?"

A small, middle-school-aged boy walked out from the bathroom, wiping his hands on his jeans. His glasses sat on the tip of his nose, and nearly fell off when he scrunched it.

"Jeongin?!" Seungmin gasped.

The boy stared at Seungmin before frowning, "I'm sorry. Do I know you? You look familiar."

Seungmin could feel his heart shatter in his chest.

Rui sighed and placed a hand on Seungmin's shoulder before facing Jeongin.

"Innie, meet your older brother."

Hyunjin watched from his seat. He was jealous, but he knew how much Seungmin wanted his younger brother to remember him.

Jeongin looked at Seungmin, and then Rui, and then at Seungmin. That's when it came to him.

"Seungmin?"

The red haired boy's face broke into a smile as tears dripped down his cheeks. He nodded.

Jeongin threw himself into his older brother's arms, sobbing. Seungmin smiled as he swung him around in his arms.

Hyunjin and Rui made eye contact from across the restaurant. He offered her a small smile and she just waved him over.

Seungmin put Jeongin down, placing a chaste kiss on his little brother's forehead. "I missed you, Innie."

"I missed you too, Seungmin."

Seungmin smiled and made eye contact with Hyunjin, who had moved to stand behind him and Jeongin.

Jeongin smiled at Hyunjin.

"Hi! Who are you?"

Hyunjin smiled at Jeongin. "I'm Hyunjin. I'm your brother's..."

Hyunjin and Seungmin made eye contact. Seungmin broke away. "He's my best friend."

Rui and Hyunjin made eye contact with each other again. Rui grimaced.uch.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Hyunjin!"

"It's a pleasure to meet you, too. I've heard a lot about you." Hyunjin nodded at the table him and Seungmin were previously sitting at.

"We have a lot to talk about, I guess." Seungmin said, smiling, before wrapping an arm around his brother once more.