Chapter 2 - Eternal Love

"How did you?" Kath wondered how he knew her name and then looked down on her chest and then she laughed.

"Just proceed to that door and find a table, there are facilitators that will cater to you," she said while she wrote through a permanent ink in his name to a sticky name tag and gave it to him.

"Ah okay, thanks. May I go to the restroom first? Where is it?"

"Yeah, just behind you," Joshua proceeded to the restroom.

Just as while he was washing looking in the mirror, he looked so haggard.  His face appears to be dull and cannot recognize himself anymore. The once meticulous to his outer appearance is now neglecting to groom himself. This was a manifestation of the depression he underwent that chained him for more than a year.

When he passed by the registration to proceed to the entrance of the singles gathering, he saw a lot of people signing up for attendance. He then saw again the lovely look of Kathrina and can't get off his eyes on her.

"I should stop this what I am feeling," he said as he looked away, for his eyes are starting to glue to the charming lady.

"I must not fall in love again. I had a terrible heartbreak in the past. And by the way, she is out of my league," he said silently to himself as he entered the glass door.

Then the event began and the lights were dimmed to give way for praise and worship. Joshua was just sitting as he doesn't want to be involved in serenading God because he thinks that his time with Christianity is over and he was just there because he was forced to.

Then after the singing was the message, he looks at the speaker who is stepping up to the stage. He flashbacks in his mind on the single ministry in his previous church where he was also a speaker there. He remembers how on fire and bold he was when he is verbalizing the Word of God to the audience. He suddenly misses himself in the spotlight, but then again - the old Joshua was gone.

"My friends, we must not forget the eternal love of Jesus Christ to us," the speaker delivered his message to the hundreds inside.

"I knew that already. That was I always tell to my audience when I am speaking," James said it silently

"If God really loves me and has a purpose for me, then why I am experiencing this so much!" He was angry but said it again silently.

When the message and the breakout groups are already finished, most of the singles still have a fellowship outside in a tented street food market. It was no different from Joshua's previous church in which there are still gatherings outside.

As he already seated after ordering a small shake, someone in front of him was also going to sit down. He was surprised who it was.

"Hi Joshua, I hope you enjoyed our singles gathering a while ago!" It was Kathrina. She is smiling again and every time she does that, her almond eyes shrink which made her more admirable.

"How did you remember?" as he looked on his chest and was surprised his nametag was still there so he removed it immediately. He was embarrassed that he is still wearing it outside the church. Kathrina chuckled at what Joshua did as she handed down the ramen she just ordered.

They talked for many minutes as they are getting to know each other. Joshua enjoyed having discussions with her that he forgot temporarily his sadness. He did not notice that he enabled the old Joshua that was imaginative and knowledgeable.

Kathrina also was astonished by his smartness, wit, and intelligence. She adores his brilliance and sound judgment on so many things. She was like listening to his teacher or watching on an educational vlog with some sort of humor.

"I was so grateful that you welcomed me on the event," he said.

"Praise God. I hope you come back next week," Kathrina cheerfully replied to him.