Chapter 6 - Showing Kindness

Two months ago, Jericho returned from KL. He arrived in the office with despair and a melancholic look.  The anguish he just went through broke his fragile heart. He needs to recover and get up from the mud of misery.

As he was passing by the cubicle of Joshua, he noticed him holding a sticky name tag with his name written in it. It was the thing that he kept because it was written by Kathrina. He then put a small hole on both edges and inserted a string in it and after tying both ends of the yarn, he then wore it like a bracelet.

"Is that an adhesive name tag used during Friday's gathering? " he was curious on what Josh is doing

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't notice you were there sir." He hid it immediately in his drawer.

"Actually, that was given to me the first time when I joined there. "

"Oh, so it must be written by Kathrina. " then Joshua was frightened when Jericho mentioned that. He is not sure yet if something was going on with them and he does not want Jericho to think that he also likes her.

"Yeah, it's my remembrance for the first time I joined the singles ministry," while he scrambles for excuses.

"Tell me honestly Josh, do you like her? " Jericho notices he was rattled about his alibi.

"No, Why should I? She never would want someone like me. I will be just very ambitious if ever." He was disoriented in his mind what to say.

"That's true! You must not have ambitions to chase her. She deserves someone better ." Then Jericho left. But the words uttered by his boss hurt him and that made him more determined to desire her more to prove that he is also a contender for her love in spite of the status and upbringing they had.

"I will make you wear this someday Kath," he said while he watched his self-made bracelet after he got it again in his drawer.

***********

Two months later, Jericho trailed the siblings going to Shiloh Sports Complex.  He was careful not to be noticed so he hid his face in his thick black hood. He jogged with them, but he distanced himself meters away.

Suddenly, Kathrina was bumped with Joshua that made Sheryl went to them.  Jericho overtook them while he also almost crashed with Vincent. When he was at the opposite end of the oval track, he grabbed his phone and dialed someone.

"Sir, I see Kathrina and Sheryl. And they were with some ordinary people," he reported to Arturo.

"Who are those people? And where did you see them? "

"Right here at Shiloh Sports Complex sir. "

Arturo received the call while he was just getting out of the airport terminal. He then instructed his driver to proceed to the complex. The traffic was bad that it took a long time to reach the place.

As they are near, Arturo saw from the window shield how Kathrina looked at Joshua and vice versa while eating their tempura.  He also saw near them Sheryl and how he was enjoying the company of Vincent, and then he decided that all of them inside the car to go out.

"Hi sir, my name is Joshua," while he reached his hand to Kathrina's dad to properly introduce himself. Arturo notices that Kathrina embraces the elbow of Joshua out of fear when she saw him.

"The two of you, go home immediately. I will wait for you there. There is something we need to talk about !" while he made a fierce look on them and ignores the offer of Joshua's handshake.

**********

When they arrived home, their father was waiting on the long table while eating dinner. They sit in front of him with their countenance like a child ready to face discipline from their father.