Falling and Rising

I quickly pulled my legs up and wrapped my arms around them, hugging my knees to my body. The sensation of falling in the pit of my stomach combined with the initially cold air from the stone walls made the beginning of my trip extremely uncomfortable.

I closed my eyes tightly and began to think about what my friends were doing right then. It was Friday morning, so they were all in class. Briar and Blondie are in Beginning Princessology, where I should be, too. Raven is probably in Muse-ic class, and I think Maddie is in Pre-Chemythstry.

Five minutes passed. At least, I think it did. I had lost all sense of time and location while falling. I turned backwards, wondering if I could still see the light of the well opening, but instead I saw bubbles of water floating up behind me. I didn't even notice I was crying.

I slowly extended my arms and legs, letting the darkness surround me. It was no longer as cold, and it wasn't as dark as it initially had been. I wondered where the subtle light was coming from.

I turned back over to face the direction I was falling in. I closed my eyes and let myself be carried by wind and gravity. It felt like I was flying! The last of my tears bubbled behind me, and I wiped my eyes under my glasses, and smiled.

Suddenly, the force changed direction. I was hurled upwards and it took me a moment of flailing my arms and legs to get balanced. This time, I positioned myself standing, my legs apart, both arms pointing forward like a superhero soaring through the sky.

After a while of flying through the blackness, I opened my eyes. I could see a small, golden dot straight ahead. It rapidly grew from a pin point to a basketball, and I barely had time to think, "I'm here!" before I was shot out another well and into broad daylight.

I turned a flip in the sky and let out a small shriek in surprise, then landed hard on the ground in front of the Wishing Well exit. I skidded a few feet on my stomach, uprooting grass and assorted wildflowers.

Peeking my head up, the new place looked like I could still be in Ever After. But I knew I wasn't, and the adventure of my pre-destiny life was about to begin.