Supressed Feelings

After the veneration, everyone returns to Kapoor Mansion....Ram instructs Gopal to shift Peehu and Priya's belongings to KM from Priya's flat...as soon as they reach KM, a video plays in the mega monitor installed at the frontal gate....flashing Priya's childhood images...Priya being surprise at such a gesture...glances at Ram...who pretends to be busy playing with Peehu and Khush....

Before entering the house, KK welcomes RaYa doing the aarti and puts 'tilak' on their foreheads...Dadi blesses them wholeheartedly while others get busy preparing for the birthday party...seeing everybody occupied, Ram grabs the chance to bring Priya to their Green Room...

Priya strolls around the room...touching the edges of the walls...attempts to feel each of the objects kept there...suddenly...an empty feeling grasps her mind...feels like six long years have been snatched from their life, which would never come back! She keeps staring at the small mirror kept in the bed side table...from there, she noticed that Ram was observing her with tearful eyes...both strived to hold their tears within....

The moment they step forward to share a word, Peehu jumps into Ram's lap!

Peehu: Papa, what else will we gift to Mumma?

Ram: whatever your Mom wants!

Peehu: sacchi?

Ram: mucchi!

Priya squints back at them....giving a look to Ram which visibly meant that she is going to remember this promise!

***

Throughout the day...Ram made several attempts to spend some time alone with Priya, which went in vain as everyone else was too overwhelmed to have Priya with them after such a long time! It quite irritated Ram that they were asking her suggestions on matters such as how they should tie their hair or which outfit they should wear for the lunch! Damn!

In the lunch table –

Ram: Rockstar, I'm sure you're going to love this oven baked potatoes...saying this...he proceeds to put some on Peehu's plate....

Peehu objects : offooo Papa! Peehu can't have potatoes for lunch as Peehu already had aloo parathas for breakfast! Peehu promised Mumma that she'll have aloooo only once in a day! She giggles and then becomes busy chatting with Khush! Ram feeling a little dejected, start munching on the potatoes! Priya silently observing the scenario, heaves out a sigh!

Once the lunch finishes, everyone gathers to chit chat with one another....Natasha didn't forget to invite Kaddy too...for the celebration! Priya seems to be busy with Shipra...making a bun with her curls....Ram hears Peehu and Khush discussing over some gifts for Priya....he listens to them eagerly to know their plans...

Khush: Peehu, have you bought any gift for Priya Angel?

Peehu: No Khush, I couldn't! I didn't have the money nah! She flips her lips in hopelessness! Peehu continues: I toh always ask for money from Mumma....now, if I request for money from her, she'll get to know nah!

Ram happily barges in...just to let her little princess know that Papa is always there for her!

Khush: why don't you ask Papa? He always gives me money!

Peehu: but, I toh never did ask for anything from Papa!

A shed of tear appears in the corner of Ram's eyes even before he could realize that! Again, it reminded him that he was away from his family for six damn years! There could be so much that he has missed! A feeling of loneliness comes over him!

***

In the afternoon, the entire family gathers in the lawn to have the birthday girl to cut the cake....as soon as Soumya brings the cake in...Peehu and Khush rush over there to blow the candles....Priya cuts the cake while others keep clapping...she cuts out a small piece to feed Peehu...the moment she proceeds to feed Ram, Kaddy makes an impetuous move...and puts a pinch of cake into Priya's mouth! This has been their ordinary picture for the past five years...she celebrated her past birthdays with Kaddy and Peehu only! Priya notices Ram swallowing down the lump down his throat!