In Which School Begins - NEW

Author's Note 0: (Which I recommend actually reading for the story to make sense)

This chapter has been changed to change the classmates at the school.

This has been done in consultation with readers (one in particular, thanks) who pointed out continuity errors.

Therefore this way will make more sense. If you have already read chapter 3; still read at least the end again before chapter 4.

Changed parts are in BOLD

Thanks for your patience with this inconvenience, I hope this will launch the story forward now!

bobbiejelly

Hello, Seattle

Addison Montgomery meets Meredith Grey when they are both only 9 years old. OR: In which Addison introduces herself to Meredith, who pulls her into a hug, "Addison, it's so good to see you! It's been way too long". Addison hugs her back to whisper into her ear "I've missed you, Meredith,". MerAdd. Meddison. Boarding School Childhood Roommates to Teenage Romance AU. Rated T, now.

Chapter 3.2: In Which School Begins - NEW

The following morning, the girls wake up to the sound of their alarm at 7:30.

They quickly get dressed in their band-new school uniforms.

For Meredith, this means a pantsuit with a white shirt, blue blazer, and tie.

For Addison, this means a skirt and tights with a white shirt, blue blazer, and tie.

"Your tie is on backward" Addison giggles as she tugs gently on Meredith's tie.

"SERIOUSLY?!" Meredith sighs, wishing she could tie the tie as well as Addison can.

Addison's deft fingers have already weaved her own tie into a perfect square knot.

Meanwhile, Meredith can hardly follow the instructions from her school manual in order.

"Here, let me," Addison says with a small brush of Meredith's shoulder.

"MKay" But just because you're better" Meredith agrees as Addison undoes the tie.

Addison tightens it into a knot the same way she has her own as Meredith raises her eyebrows.

"How did you get so good at that?" Meredith asks of Addison.

"This is not my first rodeo with ties and blazers" Addison explains.

"We would always have to wear them to charity galas, Archer and I" she explains.

"Wow!" says Meredith. "We never went to these - or at least I haven't. My mom did with Richard"

"So did you stay with your dad then," Addison says gently, sensing discomfort.

"Yeah," Meredith says softly. "My parents didn't get along well. Richard Webber is more, my dad"

"I'm sorry to hear that," Addison says to her with a look that would be comically serious,

Meredith matched her serious gaze. Comically serious for two nine-year-olds at least.

"There, all done," Addison says to Meredith as she tugs Meredith's tie again lightly as a joke.

"Thanks!" Meredith says, stepping in front of the mirror.

They brush their teeth and pack their school bags before heading out to the cafeteria again.

For the second day in a row, Meredith and Addison sit next to each other for a meal.