【𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫】

Sinking lower into the cool dark waters, the black silky waves washing over my body,
I stay dormant. I focus on the warm embrace of the hand of God. I take his hand.
I follow where he leads, pulling me deeper and deeper into the undertow.
The icy grip of death no longer fears me as I have what all fear most, yet I stand in the face of death and laugh. I refuse to dwell on what terrifies me as I stand before my creator.

          He speaks with no sound, and guides without fault. He is the one I trust most.
I welcome the warmth of the unending affection, the overwhelming kindness and happiness I feel deep inside of me.
The cold, unforgiving war inside of my mind has been won, but it wasn't I who did so.
Yet God will forgive me for the unforgivable, as long as I follow.

          Comatose with the freezing ocean slowly pooling inside of my body, filling my lungs like the air I once indulged, I held onto him tight. I dare not look back.
The farther I was brought, the closer I became to the intangible place only spoken of by madmen.
Only then, at the end of this journey, would I be left at the place that I was destined to be. Neither Heaven nor Hell, but a place unspoken that laid in between. Slipping away into the darkness, I no longer felt the warmth I did before.

          Only then did I realize that it was too late and that I had let go too soon.
The holy presence I once felt had dissipated into nothing, dissolving into the pools that surrounded my frail body that housed my soul. 
It all ended where my journey began.

I rise to the top; the cold, shallow world viewing what vessel I left behind.
A display for all to see.