【𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬】

Beneath the foliage, the sunken flowers and burnt grass, you will find me.
Between the stones that would once again mind me to this world, I will lie. Willows surround me, calm and undisturbed, the gentle breeze that calms the fawn whisper my name. Fear no man, for it is the ones above that are unmistakenly the ones we see in the shadows.

          Between the stones are the burning sage and wilted flowers, petals falling across the ground where I will lie. Hand over heart, and blood over soil.
The mind eats away at the soul, and leaves nothing behind.

          There I will be, motionless in crimson and gold. The wind that whispers to the forest whine and bellow, echoing through the trees.
The withered flowers decay around me, but there I lay dormant. I wait for no god, nor demon.
The festering spirits that surround what I held dear in my past life slowly decay, as the flowers seep into the ground as I do.

          Flesh slowly rots as the blackened earth surrounds my soul, the place I once called home farther than I could fathom as I disappear into the floor of this untouched land. Sacred, and blessed.
Light dims over the branches of the oak around me, willows begin to wilt.
Life continues as I do not.
Fawns continue their cycle as autumn approaches, grass burning into the ground as I do the same. Soon all will become the thing that even the strongest of men fear, yet I will not falter.

          I feel myself sink deeper, the parasites of the earth slowly eating away what I had left behind. Yet life goes on, and I cannot protest. Fear was not on my mind, as the sun faded beyond the horizon and never returned.
No, fear was never an option as I was already within the willows, surrounding my body as I lay. 

Fading slowly just as the sun that never came, I would never rise again.