(REWRITTEN) The apprentice and the frog magician

Asras pov-

I breathed a light sigh while watching the sunlight streaming in through the windows grafually fade, slightly dwelling on my current loneliness in the shop without y/n to accompany me.

This must be how she feels when i leave.

Y/n was doing some work with nadia at the palace, and i entrusted her in going alone. She is responsible, after all.

As i began preparing to begin the tedious task of securing the shop for the night and sleeping in a half-empty bed, i felt a presence that was neither mine or fausts.

I turn to see the magician, foxish face slightly smug appearing.

"Hello there, asra." He says, faust looking up from her cozy spot on the counter.

"Hello, what do i owe this sudden visit?" I que.

"Oh, i am just dropping in to help you with your little issue as of recent." The magician states.

The fading light seemed to accentuate the twinkle in his eyes.

"I dont understand what youre talking about." I reply, organizing my tarot deck on the counter, faust still intrigued by the ongoing conversation.

"Your apprentice, more specifically the feelings you harbour for them." He states.

I pause, placing the cards on the counter in a stack.

"I wish to help you admit to your feelings, all i believe you need is a gentle nudge in the right direction." He says, holding out a hand.

Sonething in the back of my mind nags me to say no, but instead...

"Alright.." i shook his hand.

As soon as the handshake released i grew dizzy, what's happening to me?!

I felt my body changing quickly, magic pouring over me as i felt liquid seep from my skin and become... slimy?

I saw my hands growing to a white color, covered in a mucus like substance and my fingers slightly bulged at the ends, translucent webbing sprouting between my fingers.

The change spread up my arms, and my legs began to change aswell, shifting bones and making me fall into a crouching position, and i watched in horrified awe as my feet grew longer and became webbed, much like my hands developing bulged tips.

Then my face, lips dissapearing and neck widening, eyes moving as hair receded into my head.

Then, for a moment it stopped.

"Magician! What have you done?!" I cried in disdain, before my throat swelled and a deep noise exited my body.

"No, im not quite done yet." The magician stated, before i began to shrink quickly.

Once the dizziness subsided i was covered in fabric, and i frantically made my way out.

Then, i saw how much i had shrunk.

The magician lifted both me and faust, and with a 'squelch' noise i was gently placed onto the step outside the shop.

"Go find your apprentice, asra." The magician states smugly, and the door gently shuts.

Faust raises her body, peering down at me.

"Frog." she says.

"What?!" i panic, looking in a puddle to see that i have indeed become a white, slimy amphibian with purple eyes.

"Oh no, no no no no no." I fretted, placing my hands on my face and indeed feeling slimy skin, and i shivered in the growing darkness of night.

"Go." Faust says, and i look to see her slither under the door.