Chapter One

A/N

Big thank you to my good friend cheeky_monkey_ca2001 for putting up with me talking about this story every day for the last two days. I know I should have been working on Saint but I decided to take the last few days to work on this story. It's much shorter than my usual song and dance, but I've honestly fallen in love with the storyline. Enjoy!

Kylo Ren was a sound man. A powerful man, a sane man. He spent his days diligently tracking the Resistance and taking down anyone who got in his way, and he did so with the class and ambition of any great leader. He felt like he had a good head on his shoulders, like he had everything under control even though the scavenger girl, Rey, had slipped from between his fingers so many times now. He would never let the word "failure" flow through his mind. He was determined. He would one day bring her and her entire organization to its knees. There was absolutely no doubt about it.

He planned. He schemed. He was open about every single one of his plans with only one person: his live-in girlfriend of four years. They met on a distant planet that he was vacationing on, taking some time away from work yet still monitoring the going ons of the Supremacy from his tablet. She was an escort, and he was a lonely, stressed man. As discreetly as he could he paid for her services, and was completely blown away by the experience she gave him. The way she spoke, the way she felt him, hugged him, fucked him, and everything in between. No, he hadn't fallen in love with her then. He suspected it happened sometime between when he offered her a home on his ship and when he showed up to her door a few months later, flowers in hand, begging her to move in with him, that he knew he was in love. Luckily for him, she took his face in her hands that night and said she loved him too, and would be more than willing to live with him. He had never loved anyone as much as he loved her. He loved her so much, that she knew about almost everything that went on in his work and personal life. It was just such a shame that he didn't realize that he was ever so slowly pushing her away.

He was an idiot. Crazed to find the scavenger that it had almost become the one and only thing he talked to his woman about. Looking back, he could see the hurt in her eyes over the year and a half when he was hunting the scavenger, he just never put two and two together. He allowed his work to take over his life, and he didn't see it as a problem until he came home to her crying over and frantically packing a bag in their bedroom.

"I saw you, and her, together." She exclaimed, barely able to breathe. "You, and the maid. I saw you! Don't lie! You've been cheating on me!" She said, rubbing tears out of her bloodshot eyes. Kylo was completely taken aback. Him and the maid? The 40 year old woman that came to his home twice a week to clean and do his laundry? The maid that only came when he was at work all day? The maid that he had only met once in his entire life? That was preposterous.

"You're crazy." He said, trembling as he watched her continue to simply throw her clothing into the suitcase. "You don't know what you're talking about. I've never cheated--"

"Kylo!" She screamed, silencing him unlike anyone ever had. "It's over. And there is nothing you can do to change my mind."

He got on his knees and begged. He pleaded. He cried. He offered her anything she wanted if she would just stay. He professed his innocence over and over, but she was an immovable mountain. She had it in her head that Kylo had been unfaithful to her, and she was determined to leave him.

"Please, baby. Let's work something out."

"No."

"I love you. I could never--"