No Anticipation

Mia's POV

"Jack, I've gotta tell you something." I said.
"You can trust me, no matter what it is." He replied.
"It's not like that!" I laughed, "I like you."
"Really?" He said sarcastically. We both laughed. The stopped smiling, grabbed me by the waist.
"I like you too." He replied.
We hugged, eventually we let go. He grabbed my hand.
"Follow me!" He said, spontaneously running down the hallway. We ran out to the football field and climbed up the stone bleachers. We sat down on the top row.
The gym teacher told the players to hit the showers. We continued talking, not about anything specific, subjects varied. We just, talked. The loud bell rang.
"Guess we'll be in detention again if we skip class. Don't you want to get back?" Jack asked. I could tell he didn't want me to leave, he was just being nice.
"I guess we should." I sighed.
"We don't have to." He practically pleaded.
"Come on Jack." I giggled.
We walked back to the school and then we headed over to my locker. Over the PA system we heard this:
"Attention all staff and students." The principal began, "Everyone is to head to the theatre in the west corner of the school." The crackling told us that the announcement was over.
"Guess we'd better go." We hurried over to the theatre. We sat down in some of the floor-attached, royal blue Laketons Lions chairs.
"I wonder what this is all about." I whispered in Jack's ear.
"Yeah, like why would they have to call the entire school down? It must be important." Jack said intriguingly. We listened:
"Ahem." The principal cleared his throat, his smokers cough gathered the attention of almost everyone, "Hello everyone. I have called everyone down here because a problem has arisen. A girl in our school has commited suicide or has been murdered." Gasps and "oh my gosh"'s went through the crowd. Chitchat started between friends. Jack looked over to me. My face was white.
"Do..do you think?" I mumbled.
"No. It couldn't of been." Jack answered. We were thinking about the crying girl in the bathroom from after Jack kissed me.
"It's my fault...I could have helped her." I started to tear up as I spoke, "Jack what are you doing?" He had gotten out his phone and had begun texting.
"I'm texting my friend Mark. He is on the football team." He started.
"Anyways," the principal started again, "There are some students that will be questioned. Lauren O'Connor, Jack Douglas, Devan Riarson, Mia Green," I gasped with worriment while the principal read out a few more names.
"Jack, what will we say?" I asked.
"We'll be okay. Just remember to stay confident. Tell them where we were with the whole truth. If you lie or leave anything out we could both be framed." I could tell Jack took this extremely seriously, me; I was crying hysterically while we walked down to the principals office. We got outside and I saw an ambulance and a few cop cars through the windows.
The principal walked out of his office. Devan Riarson and Lauren O'Connor were already cleared. Us and 2 other kids sat outside the office, waiting.
"Mia," the principal said, "after you." He motioned to the door.
I took a deep breath and hoped for the best.