The White Dragon [Dragon Arc Begins]

cre·ate /krēˈāt/

bring (something) into existence.

•••

Time seems to fly by when you're not paying attention.

I spent my days staring at the waterfall and eating Yoon's food.

Now our small group of three is a group of four. How did that happen?

"Listen up!" Yoon yells. "A beast, red-haired Princess, a human lightning bolt, and a pretty boy genius! We stand out too much! We can't be suspicious!"

"Yes, sir." Hak and Yona say.

"Yes, mother," I yell.

"Himari! I'm not your mother!" Yoon scolds and I reach for my sword.

I really want to cut his head off right now... this guy's annoying.

Then I realize. "Oh," I say.

"What happened?" Princess Yona asks.

"I forgot that I threw my sword off the cliff."

"Why would you do that?" Hak asks.

"I honestly don't know," I reply. Everyone sweatdrops.

"The next time we find a town, you can buy a new sword," Yoon says. Then he points toward a mountain. "According to Ik-soo, the White Dragon Village is located near those mountains."

"Wait, we're searching for dragons?" I ask. No one told me anything. "What are you going to do with dragons? Force them to breathe fire out of their mouths?"

"Idiot. We're looking for the four dragon warriors from the legends. Apparently they live in secret now." Hak replies.

"You need to tell me these things!" I yell.

"I thought you knew," Hak says and looks at the forest.

"No! I was watching the waterfall and meditating for hours! You only told me when we were leaving!" I reply. Half of this was true. I wasn't meditating, I was sobbing. That night, when Soo-won murdered King Il, was the night that I realized I should've never gone to Princess Yona's birthday.

I could've stopped Soo-won when I was fifteen, told him that this kingdom might never need a strong ruler, and none of this would've happened.

If only I could do that, if only I could go back in time.

Soo-won murdered King Il because he hated him, right?

"This kingdom has no need for a weak king," was what Soo-won said. So did he kill the late King Il for power?

I sigh.

Why can't I seem to forget him? Is it too hard to accept the fact that Soo-won's kindness was all a lie?

"We're near the Fire Tribe and royal capital," Yoon says. "You know it would be bad if we were caught, right?"

"Yes." Hak, Princess Yona, and I reply.

"Anyway, as I said earlier, the oracle and the four dragons live in hard-to-reach places. Not just the royal capital, but the Khai empire is close." Hak says.

"I'm finally outside, so I'm really excited to go to a secret village! I'm going to write a travel-log after seeing the whole kingdom!" Yoon exclaims.

"Hey, what's wrong? Your eyes are red." Hak interrupts. "You can go back to the mountains anytime if you miss the Oracle."

"What are you talking about?! They're not red!" Yoon yells while Princess Yona walks faster and puts her hood on.

"Hey, Princess!" I yell. She turns around and looks at me.