Chapter 12

"How much longer until we get there?" Alex asked John for the 7th time since they have been in the car. "40 minutes, and you need to chill. We don't even know if she is actually there," John spoke from the driver's seat. Alex couldn't help it, he was anxious. He was hoping that Amelia was that stupid to text from their actual location. 

     As soon as Alex saw the text he contacted John and he was able to pin point where the text came from. The location the text came from was only two hours away, and now that they were getting closer to her, Alex was a ball of nerves. He wanted to see Angeline, and make sure that she was safe. He also really wanted to punch that bastard in the face for taking her. 

    Alex was confused by Amelia's message, what did she mean bride to be? There was no way Angeline was marrying Derek, something wasn't adding up. He just wanted to get there but the miles seemed to be never ending. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Angeline was currently sitting on the bed that she had spent the last 4 days sleeping on, her arms wrapped tightly around her legs. She was terrified of what Derek was going to do next. 

    Downstairs when she saw what Derek was doing to Amelia, she tried to get him to let go of her and when he finally did Amelia fell to the floor, not moving. Before she could go check on Amelia Derek had grabbed Angeline by the back of her neck, dragging her back up the stairs and threw her on the bed. 

    Now he was in the closet doing something, when he finally came back out he had a duffel bag full of clothes. Angeline just stared at him, afraid to move, afraid to speak. "Don't look at me like that," he growled at her. She looked away, not wanting to be his next victim. His next words surprised her, "Get changed, we need to leave now." 

   She was confused as to why and when she didn't move to go change, he grabbed the collar of her shirt bringing them face to face, "I said to get the fuck up and go change your damn clothes. NOW!" He released her clothing she quickly got off the bed and ran into the bathroom to quickly change. 

    When she came out of the bathroom, she was happy to see that Derek was not there. The duffel bag was gone as well. She didn't understand why they needed to leave so quickly. Maybe it had something to do with the text that Amelia sent. Was it possible that she sent it to Alex? She smiled at the thought of that and really hoped that it meant that he was on his way to get her. 

    Angeline heard Derek cursing from downstairs, then she heard heavy footsteps coming up the stairs. He stopped in the doorway, seeing that she was dressed. Derek looked like he wanted to say something, but the words wouldn't come out. Before Angeline could say anything, he was in front of her looking down. Out of nowhere she felt a pinch on her arm, she looked over and saw Derek holding a syringe, the needle jammed into her flesh. She looked back at him and then everything went black.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "This is the place," John announced as they pulled up to a cabin. "Try to stay calm and don't do anything stupid. Let my team handle it," Alex's only response to the request was a nod of the head. Another car was pulling up behind them and John's men made their way out of it. They started their search by looking around the outside of the cabin first before forcing their way inside.

    John had stayed behind with Alex, both remaining in the car. Alex could tell John was hearing something from the earpiece in his ear. John shook his head, "Are you sure?" John paused to wait for a response, "Damn it!" John turned to look at Alex, even though the look on his face said it all. "The house is empty. No sign of Derek, Angeline or Amelia. It does look like they left in a hurry though. So I think she was here, but Derek was smart and left as soon as Amelia sent that text."