Chapter 7

Thank you @DeltaDawn_for making this amazing edit! 

Chapter 7:

Thomas barged into my room at 5:32 the next morning. I was immediately up and ready for what he was about to tell me.

Was there a rogue attack? Was someone hurt? Did someone die?

"What's going on? It's 5:30 in the morning."

"I don't know. I woke up around 5:20 and smelled something amazing and I panicked and came here. Everything is fine. Besides the fact that I'm freaking out."

"Was it your mate that you were smelling?"

"I think so. I smelled amazing, like honeydew and-"

"Ok lover boy. No need to go into detail. Do you want me to check which pack members are of age today?"

"If it isn't too much trouble."

I turn and look at Xavier. He seems to have heard the whole conversation and I could see his happiness that Thomas had found his mate. Even though Xavier was still wary of Thomas, things were improving.

I get out of bed and start walking toward the door. Thomas is right on my heels. I look at Xavier to see him still in bed.

"Are you going to come?"

Xavier nods his head and springs up out of the bed. Coming to the door and placing himself right beside Thomas. I smile.

I walk into my office and go to the computer I use for work.

I have the record for everyone in the pack on my computer. It was easier than to have them on paper. I can look up certain facts about pack members, birthdates, ranks, mates, etc.

I searched up today's date into the search bar and it came up with 3 people. Two are males who are turning 19 and 17. One is a female turning 18, Evangeline Blake. She's Thomas' mate!

He stares at her profile on my computer, slightly tan skin, long silver hair, brown eyes, and a slender build.

"She's perfect..."

Thomas seems to be lost in thought and didn't realize he had said aloud. I wave a hand in front of his face.

He seems to snap back and immediately walks to the door.

"What are you doing? It's almost 6 o'clock in the morning, she's not going to be awake."

"Maybe she woke up like I did."

"Thomas, I know it's hard to control yourself, but barging into her house at 6 in the morning is not going to end well for you."

Thomas sighs and sits on the couch. He puts his hands in his hair and runs them through nervously. I sit beside him.

"You can introduce yourself at breakfast in 30 minutes, ok?"

Thomas nods silently.

"You better start looking presentable then. The goal is to get her to like you."

Thomas looks down on himself. He's just wearing pajama pants that probably haven't been washed in a week, and his top is bare. His hair is ruffled and he looks very tired.

He immediately jumps up and runs out of the room. I assume to get ready. I huff a laugh and look toward Xavier. He's curiously looking at my computer, scrolling through pack members. I go over to him.

"These are all of the pack members. It tells you information about everyone, you might want to start learning a few names."

He nods and gets up. We head back to our bedroom and start getting ready for the day.

"Today we're going to train. So dress appropriately."

Xavier nodded and went into the closet. I grabbed clothes and dressed in the bathroom.

I was wearing a workout tank-top and a pair of black leggings. I put on some workout shoes and tied them up. Xavier appeared out of the closet with a blue v-neck shirt with a pair of black shorts. He also had workout shoes on.

I brushed my hair and put it in a ponytail, so it won't get in my face.

"Let's go get some breakfast, then training."

Xavier followed me down into the kitchen where most of the pack was eating. Xavier has never been around this many people at once but it looks like he's holding it together pretty well.

We grabbed breakfast and sat down. I started looking for Thomas. I found him walking with Evangeline towards us. She looked happy and a little shocked that her beta was her mate.

They were so cute together!

We sat and ate our breakfast together while talking and introducing ourselves. Thomas looked very happy.

"Hello Evangeline," I smiled while holding out my hand.

I know she didn't need me to introduce myself because I was her alpha but, now we'll be working close. So I introduce myself.

"Good morning, Alpha."

"You can call me Jordan. We'll be getting to know each other a lot more."

"Well then, good morning, Jordan."

"Good morning. This is my mate, Xavier."

Xavier waved and Evangeline greeted him. I smiled at them. They would get along well.

"Jordan, can I talk to you about something," I whipped my head to where Thomas was sitting.

He motioned to talk in the hall. I followed him out, wondering what this was about.

"Would it be ok if Xavier and Evangeline got introduced at the same time? If not, I'll plan something else."

"I don't see a problem with that. As long as Evangeline is in agreement with what we've already planned."

Thomas nodded and we walked back to breakfast.

When we were done, we washed our dishes and walked out. I turned toward Xavier.

"Ready to train?"

Xavier nods unsure of himself. He looks nervous.

"Come on! It'll be fun!"

We first start with a few laps around the training area, then we stretch.

Through the next two hours, we work through a series of exercises, consisting of punches, kicks, and basic maneuvers. Xavier was catching on really fast. He still needed to build up muscles and stamina, but for the first practice, it was really good.

We walked back into the packhouse and grabbed some water. Now it's time for pack work!