10-- An Apology!?

[Song Recommendation# Steal the Show—SHAUN, Jeff Satur]

X: Are you coming today JiAhn?

X: Please hit me up as soon as you see 'em.

X: I'm worried. Could you like let me know If you are okay?

As Venom scrolled through the chain of text messages, she remained conflicted over what to perceive, a very well-set trap like quicksand or a naïve boxy smile drooped from the heavy worry. Oh Come on, that can't be happening, right? The buzzing of the school hallways and the hustle and bustle of students became mere background noise as her mind focused on the words in front of her. She couldn't shake off the contradicting muddle of thoughts that were beginning to take over her mind.

Despite her efforts to hide behind the facade of "JiAhn" Venom's striking figure couldn't escape the notice of those around her. As she tried to navigate through the thick crowd of students, a hoard of humans nearly looking like brain-thirsty zombies headed toward her and she could hear them screaming her name with glittering eyes much brighter than the sun. EW!

Pure panic kissed every fiber of her body and, fear began to intensify. She had never been afraid of anything, not even the thought of blood, death, or murder. But the thought of being trapped in a sea of human race was enough to make her want to flee. As she made her way down the same corridor she came through. A firm grip on her wrist pulled her towards a dark corner. Her instincts kicked in, and she prepared to defend herself with a swift kick to the groin and a punch to the face. But before she could strike, she saw the face of the daring one, it was none other than Taehyung who had grabbed her.

He whispered-screamed, "Ah~ please don't kill me, I'm just trying to help."

Venom's deathly gaze softened, and her fist slowly lowered. She took in the sight before her. Taehyung was no longer the nerdy boy she had seen before. His hair was well-styled and parted to the side, revealing his broad forehead. His big eyes held hazel-green lenses, surrounded by light makeup that accentuated his smooth skin and lips.

But what caught Venom's attention wasn't the boy's striking appearance but the way his gestures exuded affection. It was as though he genuinely cared for her safety and well-being. She couldn't help but feel drawn to his positive virtue, despite her usual aversion to getting close to anyone.

As she stood there, in the dimly lit corner of the school hallway, Venom realized that perhaps she could rather have someone around than be all alone as she had always believed. And maybe, just maybe, having someone like Taehyung by her side wouldn't be such a bad thing after all. Right?

Looks like you have totally lost your head, girl! Get your shit together, he's not in the friend zone for you.

Why is he being so nice to me then? If he is from the foe zone, wouldn't he already know me as not an enemy? Duh, all he sees is a pretty girl around him oblivious to the fact that she's here to kill him, oh once he knows he'd be pressing a gun to your head with those innocent eyes glimmering with malice, mark my words.

Ah yes, he'll surely expose his true self, hate me or fear me and flee like everyone else. Right!

As the crowd passed by, Taehyung pushed Venom further back into the corner, her back gently hitting the wall that gave a gentle tug to her consciousness pulling her out of the palace of her thoughts. Their bodies were barely an inch apart, and Taehyung peeked out to make sure they were out of sight. Only when he was sure they were alone, he turned back to the girl, focusing his full attention.

"Are you okay? Ji Ahn, you didn't reply to any of my texts... I sent you hundreds of them. Do you know how I was on the edge?" He asked concern etched in his voice.