Chapter 18

Ramadan Kareem May Allah accept our ibadas Ameen🙏🏻

Y A S M I N

Another week came by faster than expected. Both of us have been busy with office work, we barely see each other. After finishing from office i will pick Amir from Aunt place, put him to bed. Sometimes i go to bed without eating dinner too tired to cook. It was 7:00pm in the evening when we came back from aunt house, we didn't do much at the office. After freshening up, i wore a light beige gown tying my hair in a messy bun and wore a cotton cap.

Amir had already eaten in Aunt place so i just put him to bed seeing how his eye lid are closing on their own. During this past few weeks, I've gotten attached to Amir so much, the boy doesn't have any problem, quite and calm.

The kitchen was clean as always. I decided to make a potato with sauce and a raspberry juice. A smirk appear on my lips remembering the incident. I will make plenty just in case Marwan comes back early, my thought was caught short when i heard the door closing. It must be Marwan.

Wiping my hands with a clean cloth, i trekked out of the kitchen spotting Marwan seated on the two sitter couch his head buried in his hands.

"Is everything okay?" i find myself asking. He turned towards my direction and i almost gasp seeing his face. He looked somewhat different, his eyes looked like he hasn't gotten any sleep for some days and his Stubble grew more.

He dropped his gaze down. "yeah. Everything is alright. " and he didn't say anything afterwards. The awkwardness seems to be killing me, i decided to go back to the kitchen and finish what i started.

**

After dishing in the food on two plate, i placed them on the dining what i didn't expect is to see Marwan sitting at the same position i left him in and also in the same clothes, which means he didn't move an inch for how long I've being in the kitchen.

Definitely there's something bothering him. I will have to push him into telling me. I don't like seeing him like this.

"Dinner is ready ." I called.

He should eat food at least.

"Can you please pass it to me, i don't feel like eating on the dinning. " he said his voice a mixture of tiredness.

So this is it.

There is really something.

I took the two plate with me to where he's seated and placed them on the center table.

"Here. "

"Thank you. " that's the only word that came out of his mouth before he kept quite again and ate in silence mainly drawing circles on the potatoes. He didn't even say anything when he took a sip of the raspberry juice.

"Are you really alright? " the silence is getting me restless so i decided to ask again. He flashed me a smile. A fake one at it.

"You know you can tell me. " i started again not really sure of my words. He can tell me, that's if he wants to.

After what felt like 10mins, i almost gave up talking to him. He's really pissing me off, he should at least say okay or no but he just kept staring into space and made me look like a fool waiting for him to speak.