Calm Before The Storm

As I promised, an OoS update. Hope y'all enjoy!

~'0'~

Friday means it's time for Tenma's second and last library shift of the week. He arrives early and moves towards the counter, nodding at the two students just finishing up there. He recognizes one of them as Hirota, the senpai he shared his first shift with on Monday.

''Ah, good afternoon, Matsukaze,'' says the third-year in greeting, clearly recognizing him. ''I think you're partnered with Komuro today.''

As if it was a sign, the committee president appears in the doorway that leads to the small lounge behind the counter. He's not wearing his blazer and the sleeves of his blouse are rolled up. ''Oh, hey Matsukaze,'' he gives the brunet a small wave. ''Just so you know, Ito-sensei should be passing by sometime this hour. She's the assigned teacher of the committee.''

Tenma hums in understanding as he pins his nameplate on his uniform, glancing at the clock. Only a few seconds later, the bell rings.

''Well, that's our cue,'' says Hirota, grabbing a school bag standing on one of the chairs. ''Good luck you guys.''

Komuro and Tenma are left alone, the other two leaving the library and presumably going to their next classes. There's no one in sight, but there are probably some students sitting at the work tables further into the hall.

They settle into an easy rhythm, Tenma assigned to do the same task he did last Monday – returning the books to their correct places – which keeps him busy for the next twenty minutes. It's a little quieter this time around, but there are more books, probably since it's the end of the week, so it still takes him a bit longer than last time.

When he returns to the counter, Komuro is just finishing with checking out a student's books. The brunet doesn't mind him and instead moves towards one of the computers to check the system like Hirota taught him.

Only a minute after, the student is walking away and the committee president is focusing on him. ''So,'' grins Komuro as he reclines in his chair, ''how's that other club of yours going?''

The brunet raises an eyebrow, half wondering if all of their future conversations are going to start this way. ''I joined,'' he answers simply, keeping his attention on the screen in front of him.

''Aw,'' and it sounds almost like the older student is pouting, though Tenma refuses to check, ''come on, you gotta give me more than that. What's the story? Dramatic sworn-brother betrayal? Romantic tragedy? World-saving hero fate?'' he demands.

The younger boy snorts. ''You make it sound like I live in an anime.''

Then he pauses.

World-saving hero fate.

...fuck.

Unfortunately, Komuro seems to notice his reaction and immediately pounds on it. ''I was right?'' suddenly, he throws his arms into the air. ''Yes! Take that, Katsuragi!''

''Need I remind you this is a library, Komuro-kun?''

At the new voice, the president immediately lowers his arms and straightens, until he's the picture of a perfect student. ''Ito-sensei! What a surprise to see you here!'' he laughs, although his voice is quiet.

Tenma inspects the woman, Ito, who doesn't seem to be impressed. She seems to be in her early thirties, her pale blonde hair held back in a high ponytail. She's dressed in dark purple, nearly black dress pants coupled with a matching jacket. Her blouse is a nearly white lilac.

She sees him looking and her exasperated smirk turns into a friendly smile. ''Hello there, you must be one of the new members,'' she says, offering a hand over the counter.