Muffin and Pauline

- 6 -

A soft blow on my nape robbed me from my peaceful sleep. It was ticklish but I tried to dismissed it and went to close my eyes to extend my slumber. Few moments later, the blow became harder. This time, I'm now fully awake.

"Wakey, wakey."

"Let me sleep." I complained because I am really really sleepy like I haven't slept for a longtime. The blanket that I used to hide myself into was gently tugged out from my hold.

"It's 11 am, you already missed breakfast." She patiently said.

"Ako yung naglaro kahapon pero ikaw yung parang pagod na pagod." Habol nya pa.

I groaned because she's being too talkative right now. "Kasalanan mo, pinuyat mo ako." 

Hindi pa sana ako babangon but I suddenly felt acid building up at the base of my throat. I rushed to the comfort room and reach for the basin.

I heard Bea's laugh echoed in the room. "Ayan, si baby na nagsabi na bumangon ka na daw."

"Ugh, I hate you."

I thought Bea already went out of the room pero naramdaman ko na lang ang isa nyang kamay na hinihimas ang likod ko habang sinusubukan naman nyang ipunin ang buhok ko sa kabila nyang kamay. When I was done, she immediately handed me a glass of water.

"Thanks, beh."

"Sure thing. Go take a shower, ipapahanda ko lang yung lunch. We're going somewhere." She said before leaving me alone in the room.

One thing that I'm learning this early is that, morning sickness sucks big time.

--

"Pasok na po kayo ma'am."

We stood up and enter the room where the woman came out.

"Good afternoon, ninang." Bea courtesly said, taking the lady's hand and bringing it into her forehead. "Thank you po for entertaining my request even for a short notice."

"Of course, iha. How could I even say no to you?" Bea look at me which also brought the lady's attention to mine.

"Bye the way ninang, this is Jhoana my best friend. Jho, this is Ninang Arlene, mom's cousin. She's also an OB-GYN." No wonder, she screams elegance and grace even by just sitting behind her desk. So much like Tita Det.

"Good afternoon po."

"Is she the same Jho that Det usually talks about? Your teammate in Ateneo?"