1. 𝙝𝙞𝙢

NUMBER ONE.

Hate isn't the word Yashiro would like to use. Maybe. . .not fond of?

Hanako has all of these quirks that — no matter how hard Yashiro tried — she could never actually hate. She actually found it endearing more than anything. No. It's more like she loves him, all of him. Maybe Aoi was right all along.

But there's a nagging feeling that made her skin crawl and her heart ache. Is that what she hates? This new feeling in the pit of her stomach?

She hates how he can make her feel so helpless, a damsel in distress, waiting for a prince charming to arrive at any minute. She hates how he easily made her fall for him, for both Hanako and Amane: the smirk-wearing boy with gleaming golden eyes, unafraid to speak what's on his mind, but also with the one past that facade: a gentle boy that cares for his friends, soft touches and careful words that makes Yashiro's mind run wild, imagining late-night 1 AM conversations with him. Where was she even going with this?

All that Yashiro wanted to say was she hated how he can make her feel this way, hates how his words mean everything to her, because deep inside her mind, she knew that Hanako was unpredictable and hard to read, you'll never really know what his intentions are unless he says it himself. He threw these signs, these loving actions, but there's a chance that he's just playing with her because he never took anything seriously — he never really took Yashiro's feelings seriously.

She hates how he makes her doubt her feelings and if he ever returned it. She hates how he's the only one in her mind whenever she is longing for affection and attention, staring outside the window and droning away from the teacher's monotone speaking. His face is always what she'll see a glimpse of whenever love is mentioned, and it made Yashiro want to crawl away and avoid him, because he doesn't even know what he's doing to her.

She wanted it to stop. Since when did things become so complicated? She wanted to get over these feelings if it meant it'll hurt her later on, if it meant that her friendship with Hanako will be ruined — because she doesn't want that! She doesn't want to possibly end every memory they made with each other. Yashiro loves him. She doesn't want to let go.

She hates what he does to her.

Hanako's words, eyes, and touch were fire, and Yashiro willingly burned.

Maybe it wasn't so bad to burn because it meant that they shared these feelings together.

"C-Can you— can you please say that again?" Yashiro gasped, breathless from his simple 3-letter words. It was what she dreamed of Hanako saying, the word falling from his lips, and it felt so right that Yashiro wanted to hear it again and again and never get tired of it.

Hanako turned red and bit his lip, a sight that made Yashiro's heart race. Why is he so cute? "I like you— er, no, I love you," he stammered a bit. "I've been wanting to tell you that for a while now because I have a lot of things I love about you. And if you don't feel the same, t-that's fine, you don't have to say anything, I just thought I'd let you know—"

Yashiro giggled, making Hanako halt from his rambling. "Hanako-kun, I have feelings for you, too." She liked how the words I love you rolled off his tongue, it gave her goosebumps and sent shivers down her spine. "I have a lot of things I love about you, too."

Hanako brightened and oh God Yashiro has it so bad. She never thought this moment would ever come, and yet here we are now. The moonlight was faint, barely able to illuminate the scene before them, but in his eyes, it was enough to light up the whole, wide world. It's like all of the stars shone above him and created a spotlight fit for a fallen angel. On the dimly lit rooftop, with only Yashiro and Hanako, the two stood with bated breaths, waiting for the other to speak.

"This is beautiful, I'd never get tired of seeing this," Hanako told Yashiro, and just as Yashiro thought she was talking about the stars again, he was staring right at her, softness glazing his eyes that melted Yashiro into a puddle. "Stay with me for now, okay?" Hanako pleaded, their foreheads touching as he gazed deep into Yashiro's eyes. "I want to stay in this moment for a while."

Yashiro giggled. She reminded herself to thank Kou later, because right now, this is the happiest she's ever been. She could've sworn that tears began to fall in her state of rapture. "I'll stay. I'll stay here with you."

"Good." Hanako leaned in and pressed his lips onto Yashiro's forehead, lingering there for a while before pulling away, and even with a cold body, Yashiro felt warmth on that simple gesture. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

Scratch that. Scratch everything she wrote on the list of thing she hates. She was right all along: she can never hate Hanako even if she tried.

She actually loves feeling helpless when it comes to Hanako, she loves how he easily made her fall with his charm, she loves how he can make her feel like this. Because it meant that Yashiro fell for him, and now that she knew he felt the same, it made butterflies bloom in her stomach, a giddy smile making its way to her lips.

Words can't describe what she's feeling anymore.

She loves him because. . . it's Hanako. How can you not love him?

Scratch what she has written there and add him to the list of things she loves because it's true. She loves all of him. She loves his voice, height, eyes, habits, personality — she loves him so, so much that she can't even begin to explain it. Keep the hate section empty. I guess you can make it five plus one.

END.

Thank you for reading this book! I really hope you enjoy! This idea was something I've been wanting to write down for ages because I think it's cute ❤️

I am genuinely really happy that this book got support even before it's finished. It baffles me that my books grew and I've gotten this far, but it's all because of these great writers that inspired me, my friends for supporting me, and you guys. 💕

Thank you for supporting this book, I hope you have a great day! YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE I DON'T DESERVE YOU SMH 😤

Love you guys!

— Cytherea