Chapter 1 - Pizza, Family, and Games

Heavy rain poured hard against my window, along with the rare lightning and common thunder. The mood outside was dark; which did well with the weather.

I sat alone in my room, on my bed, playing Gears of War 3, which is my favorite game. I was pretty pro at it; I constantly played it not doing anything else besides bathe, eat, sleep, and take a dump or a piss. Of course, I did homework. I don't wanna mooch off my parents when I'm older like a complete idiot.

I'm not the smartest student; I range between C's and A-'s. But I'm in the 11th grade, never failed one, and I usually range around Most Successful and Most Worthless.

Speaking of all of that, I should introduce myself.

My name's Benji. Benji Anistar. Weird name, I know. I don't know the origins of it, but I think it's either from a medieval clan or a bunch of nut jobs.

I'm just gonna say it right now; my family is shit. All of them are homophobic, because gays go against our religion. And that obviously doesn't help because I'm a transgender homosexual. (Shocker, right?) Because of that, my brother constantly bullies me, my dad beats me, and my mom does both, but she does it less.

My life, is a horrible mess. School doesn't help either, but I've gotten through it. Almost.

"Benji!" My mom yelled downstairs. "Time for dinner!"

"Coming Mom!" I yelled in my almost female voice. That was something I didn't tell you. My body, voice, and face resemble a girl. From what others say, it's hard to tell whether I'm a boy or not.

I paused my game and walked downstairs to the dining room, and sat down at the same seat I sat at every day; next to my brother and the right to my mom.

Today was leftovers from CiCi's pizza. We ordered, like, 5 boxes last night, so we're finishing them.

I growled a bit when I sat down. I wasn't in the mood for pizza. I had a lot yesterday; about half a box. So obviously my stomach wasn't too keen on it. Plus, because I was anorexic, (I wasn't skin and bones, but I lacked some muscle which gave me some of my feminine features) I couldn't eat much.

"Whyre you growling at your food, honey?" My mom asked.

"Because," I whined. "I'm tired of Pizza already." I know, I was acting spoiled. But I'm not. If anything, Simon is spoiled.

"Don't be such a baby," Simon said to me. "Just fucking eat it, gayboy." I gave him a look and started eating my pizza.

"Simon," My father said. "You know that isn't allowed at the table. If you're gonna do it, do it somewhere else. The boy- ..I mean, girl, deserves it for going against what the Lord created us for. We were created for making children and having real lives; not for dawdling with the same sex."

I bit my lip to stop myself from yelling. I didn't want to get in trouble, because I have before, and its something I didn't want to experience again.

"So, Ben," my mother began. "Are you ready for school tomorrow?" I sighed in annoyance.

"No!" I said, nearly pissed. "School is just filled with adolescent children who don't know anything about equations or linear algebra. It makes me mad knowing that I was born into a generation that doesn't care about anyone else, it's just Smoke Weed Everyday, or Eh, I'll do that later. That's all it is now!" I took a big bite from my pizza.

"So what?" Simon said. "They're not hurting anybody. Why the hell do you care?"

"I don't care. It just pisses me off because it's the generation I live in. A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad one." I finished my pizza and left the table, as I always do. I put my plate in the sink and went upstairs to my room and continued my game.

I put on my Mic; which were Blue X4 Turtle Beaches, and started talking to my friend.

"I is back." I said idiotically.

"Sweet," he responded. "It gets boring without you, Ben. Wanna keep playing Brothers to The End?"

"Hell yeah. Let's do it."