Clouded Minds: Nathan Sykes One Shot

I woke up with a start. I looked around at the things around you. My iPod, laptop, pictures of family, and many others just sitting around. I took it all in. It was my first month in London. I lived in a little flat near my job. I was working at a bookstore, just down the street while I went to college to become a doctor.

                I pulled on a pair of jean shorts and a plaid Abercrombie shirt. I had a black bow clutch to go with it along with black flat sandals. I put on my ring-well, my mum’s ring-, a necklace, and earrings. I sprayed some of Taylor Swift’s perfume on me (it works wonders) and I put on some silver eye shadow with mascara. I tied a scarf around my neck and headed out the door.

                I got to the bookstore minutes before my shift started. It was a pretty boring day, as usual, so I brought my schoolwork along. My manager, Jen, said it was alright, just to serve customers first.

                Only if I knew what would happen next.

~.~

                “NATHAN JAMES SYKES COME HERE!” I heard the booming voice of Jayne. I quickly scrambled out of my seat running from Jayne. I had stole her phone and tweeted for her. I guess she saw the tweets? But she wasn’t pleased. I ran out of the studio going into a nearby Starbucks. I ran in. I was then stopped-something across the street had caught my eye. It was a girl. Long, blonde hair, green eyes, tall and slim…she seems perfect. I stared from my seat, drinking my frap. I decided to go over there.

               “Welcome to Clouded Minds! If you need any assistance, don’t be afraid to ask.” She said cheerfully. I smiled at her. I looked through the shelves, seeing so many books and so many different comics. I grabbed a book-it just so happened to be Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows- and proceeded to pay.

                “Is that all you will like sir?” She asked sweetly. I looked at her.

                “You know what else I want?” I asked cheekily. I glanced around the store, seeing textbooks on the desk behind her.

                “What else?” She said completely oblivious.

                “Well, technically, 3 things. One-Your Name.” She blushed and tucked a piece of her blond hair behind her ear.

                “I’m Emma, call me Ems.” She said, her blue eyes twinkling. I smiled.

                “I’m Nathan. Second-Is this your shop?” I said with curiosity. She shook her head, her blonde hair tumbling in front of her face. I laughed and she blushed.

                “This isn’t- I work here and I’m in college. I’m studying to be a doctor.” She explained. I looked deep into her beautiful blue eyes.

                “And third-would you like to meet up for coffee sometime?” I said pointing at the Starbucks across the street. She blushed even and harder and nodded her head yes. I smiled and handed her my phone. She programmed her number in while I did the same on her white iPhone 4.

                “Nice meeting you, Ems! See you soon!” I said, kissing her cheek and heading out the door with my book.

~.~

*Em’s POV*

                “Someone’s got a date soon!” I jumped when I heard the voice of Jen behind me. I tensed up ad began to stutter.

                “U-Uh i-its n-not what it l-looks l-like, I swear!” I managed to spit out. She patted my back.

                “I’m not mad, silly! I’m happy!” She said. I sighed in relief. She really knew how to scare me.