Chapter Six

Everything melts away, and when I come to, Saber's eyes are looking at the panels. His eyes from here look white, reminding me of Jay's lifeless eyes and the white table I was on.

I rip the white thing off my head, and jump out of the chair. I finally hear my shriek; picturing Jay's misty blood pouring out onto the deck and the rusty needle stabbing my body. I run out, and my brain conjures up the picture of me holding the gun. I roar louder, and then get to the railing.

I'm just about to jump when Saber's hand seizes my neck, making me freeze. I still grip the railing, and when Saber tries to pull me away, he can't without hurting me. My hands are locked around the railing, and my legs are in between them, ready to spring off.

"Let go of the railing, Bandit." Saber growls, and I release with reluctance. I get awkwardly down to the deck, and stand limply on my feet, the image of Jay's face never fleeing my brain. I breathe shallowly, and Saber says, "We need to go back."

"I'm not going." I say, feeling his hand twitch against my neck.

"Yes we are." Saber says, starting to walk back towards the doors. I follow stubbornly, fear and anger nipping at me. I walk back into the room, and sit back in the chair. Saber walks behind the desk, sitting down and then looking at the computer.

"Take a look at the panels." Saber says, and I glare at them, though they don't have eyes. I see myself, stuck in the box, and just by seeing it, my throat seizes up and I get out of my chair. Saber is suddenly in front of me, and he grabs my arms, tucking them behind my back. He forces me back into my chair, and I watch myself in hatred. I see myself wiggling through the tube, and then see myself in the next box. I watch as it unfolds, and then see myself in Lynn's and Gale's place. I watch as I get over, and I want to scream at myself to stop, but I know Saber would think I'm odd. I watch as Ace's eyes appear, and I feel my whole body tense up, and feel Saber's hands on my shoulders. I feel his force coming through his hands, but I still keep tense. I watch and listen as he laughs, making my muscles taut.

Saber says, "You move and I'll beat you."

"I'm not surprised at this point." I say, terse, and turn back to the screen. I see myself right up against Ace, and I can feel my face turn red. Mortification and fury fills my chest and arms, and it seizes my brain.

"I swear I'll kill him next time I see him." I hiss, and Saber laughs.

"You won't be the first to think that."

"I know." I growl, gripping the arms of the chair to keep myself planted. I snarl instead, and I feel Saber squeeze my arms.

"Keep the rage built inside of you, save it for later." Saber says, "It'll be useful for Ace."

I smile angrily, and say, "If I could've gripped my hands around his neck, straining his life. Oh man-"

"I didn't think you thought like that." Saber interrupts, as I sit on the deck in the panels above.

"I don't......Most of the time." I say, getting a quiet chuckle out of Saber. I pretend to look at the panels, but I look just below them, not wanting to see myself shoot Jay. I don't see anything, but I hear my scream, which makes my whole body tighten.

"Relax Bandit. It's over." Saber says, moving to the computer to shut it off. I still sit tense, and bury my head in my hands. I feel my throat choke up with tears, but bite my quivering bottom lip, holding the sobs inside.

"You can go to bed now." Saber says, and I nod, breathing in deeply before getting off my chair. I walk to the door, looking at the mirror. I stare into my blue and green eyes, and shake my head. I then head outside, and look at the sun that's coming up. I wander to the railing, and no thoughts of drowning cross my mind. I cross my arms, putting them over the side of the railing, and rest my chin on one of them. I sigh, and Saber asks, "Not going to jump?"