Chapter Eleven

I open my eyes slowly and everything before me is fuzzy. I bring my hand up slowly to my eyes and rub them; then look around. I take in the concrete floor, the three walls and the one wall of bars. I sit up on my metal bed and my back cracks.

"Lovely jail. Very nice." I mutter, rolling my eyes. I twist to my rock hard pillow and set it up against the wall then lean against it and look at myself. I frown in disgust at the outfit I was given. I'm wearing skin tight pants, so tight that my underwear line would be impossible to miss. My tank top is at least a bit more baggy and thankfully I'm wearing all black.

Taking my mind off my disgust, I look up at the ceiling. I try to think about how Deaths knew we were going to be there, but there could be many reasons. Someone from Black Fury could have told someone at Deaths about our sabotage. Deaths is just good at finding me wherever I go.

I shove my hands through my hair just as I hear footsteps approaching. I hear Ace's voice as well as Viktor Watson's and one other that sounds very familiar. Once the three of them stop in front of my cell, I scoff and say, "Ace, Viktor and Shadow. What a stupid, unpleasant surprise."

Shadow looks to me, his gray eyes locked on mine. He lifts his hand up to the bars, and slides a key into the lock. It opens the bars and slides them aside, straight into the wall. The three of them walk towards me and I just stay ramrod where I'm sitting.

I look around and see above me that there's only rock, and to the left and right is just concrete. I turn back to Shadow, Ace and Viktor, and they stop with their knees against the edges of my rickety bed. Ace grabs my shoulder and bicep from the left and Viktor does it from the right. They force my arms up to him and twist my wrists upwards. By the base of my hand, there are dark blue, almost black, spikes sticking out of my skin. They are each about two inches wide, and at least four long. There are three of them on each wrist and around the base of each one there are black flecks in my skin.

Shadow moves his fingers over them and it burns my skin as he does so. I squirm in Ace and Viktor's grips and shout, "That hurts you idiot!"

He looks to me and says, "I know. I can tell." He grabs one of the spikes and squeezes it. I let out an ear piercing scream and the smell of acid comes to my nose and clouds my senses. I almost throw up but I swallow constantly. At the same time, my arms hurt like nothing I've felt before. It feels like someone is pushing daggers through my skin and then sawing through my bones, right out through the other side of my arm.

Shadow releases me and I swallow down the acid which makes my head throb. I look back up to him and he slyly smiles.

"She's one." He says, looking at Ace and Viktor. They smile, and then Shadow says to me, "You have no idea why you're important, do you?"

"Nope." I reply, getting laughter from all three.

"The reason is, you have acid running in your system instead of blood. You produce scales of acid on your arms and depending on the colour they are, shows us what type of acid is in you.

"When you are around certain people, or you've been around them for a long time, you give them advantages to speed, accuracy and the ability to think better. When you release your acid tear for the first time, whoever it lands on or is nearest to; can control you."

I look down at my wrists and think of Saber. He was the one I gave my acid to. He can-he could control me. He's unconscious but I don't know where. I frown, and then look up to Shadow.

"I'm guessing you're going to do something with my acid to control people, Mr.COO, Death Shadow."

Shadow laughs, "Death Shadow is my name and I am the Chief Operations Officer. I don't know how you know I'm not the leader like Viktor told you but that doesn't matter. And yes, we're going to multiply your acid blood and implant it in people. And if you don't..."