Chapter 3: Things Take a Turn for the Worse

He got to work at 10:00 A.M and he noticed things weren't normal. Everyone was standing in their own little groups chattering about something. When he got out of his car and reached the murmuring people, he asked, "What's going on?" His friend responded, "We are selling our building to another company and they're going to finish and make it their own." Tony was infuriated, in his head he was thinking, 'I worked and spent a really long time trying to build this structure, just so my boss could sell it!' When all of a sudden his boss yelled, "All right everyone calm down! I know a lot of you are kind of confused but, we are going to start the structure of a new building and we are going to get paid even more for this building, so that's why we sold this one. We are going to need everyone to go to the office at about one o' clock, so that we can get started on the ideas."

   Tony was still a little bit angry but, they were getting paid more for the new building, so he was okay with that. When Tony was walking back to his car one of his friends yelled, "Hey Tony! Want to go have lunch with us?" And he said, "Um, I think im going to surprise my wife, sorry fellas." His friend very understandingly said, "Alright, see you at 1:00."

     Tony jumped in his car, went to Walgreens, and bought some flowers and chocolates for his wife. When he got home he quietly opened the door, set the flowers and chocolates down, and started walking towards the room. When he was down the hall, he said, "Hey honey! Would you like to go to lunch?" When he walked into the room he saw her with another man, and they were packing her stuff. Startled to see her husband, Alyssa said, " Tony! What are doing here?!" He was furious, "What am I doing here?! Who is he and why are you guys packing up your things?!" She responded very scared never having heard Tony yell and look so angry, she replied nervously,"Tony calm down. I was going to tell you everything when you got out of work, but I didn't realize you were going to be home this early." Yelling, almost about to collapse to his knees, Tony said, "What are you doing, who is he?!" She replies with, "I'm leaving you Tony...  I can't be here alone all day everyday! I love you but, you don't make me feel special like you used to. Alex here is different though, Im going to leave Colorado and move to New Mexico  with him, and we were going to start our own restaurant. I've liked cooking for years, but never told you because you were never here, and everytime you came home you just talked about YOUR day the whole time never giving ME space to talk." Interupting her, " Really Alyssa?! Do you know how crazy you sound? You're going to end our 22 year relationship for some guy you just met?! Am I missing something, did I get old and boring to you?! I'm sorry I was the only one who had a job, I'm sorry I made all the money so you didnt have to work, I'm sorry I gave you a house to live in, I'm sorry I did nothing but give you what you wanted, and im sorry that all I did was love and care about you." Just as Tony was about to continue, Alex who had been standing there watching everything happen started to talk, " Look man, you can't just leave your wife here alone all day and then come home and never listen to what she has to say. It just ain't right. Anyway, we gotta go babe if we want to get to New Mexico at a reasonable time." Feeling hopeless, mad, depressed, and confused, Tony felt he couldn't live without her. Alex grabbed Alyssa by the hand and with his other hand grabbed her suitcase, the whole time that happened Alyssa just looked at the floor feeling bad for Tony. As Alex was walking by Tony to get out of the door, Tony grabbed the lamp on top of their drawer and hit Alex in the head. The blow to the head caused Alex to fall to the floor passed out, Alyssa screamed, but only for a second because Tony punched her so hard in the face it caused her to pass out as well....

Tony had snapped. See Tony never knew what it was like to experience a break up, because Alyssa and him fell in love on his first date. Alyssa was his other half and if she would have left the room and out of his life forever, he would have died of a broken heart.