New Girl Meets New Boy

Two Weeks Later

Things were improving in the Stark family. I had totally forgiven my new family of superheroes for lying to me, reading my mind... the list goes on.

Anyway, I have been enrolled at Midtown Tech High School recently, and I'm only one Grade below Peter which means that our break times are still the same.
It's annoying that I can't share classes with him, seeing as I'm a Freshman and he's now a Sophomore but Pepper has been assuring me that I will make new friends. However, I am doubtful that I will want to make new friends myself because, from my brief experience of Elementary School, if I make friends then it only creates more targets for my so-called 'father' to track.

I sling my dark red Fjallraven backpack onto my back and grab an apple from the fruit bowl in the kitchen.

"You all ready, kid?" Happy asks me, noisily dangling the keys to his brand new car.

I shrug, "Kinda."

"Look kid, you're gonna be fine. Fresh start, and you already know Peter! Here, Tony told me to put a tracker in your watch, put it on. We don't need any MIAs on your first day, so we?" Happy says lightheartedly, as he helps put the shiny, gold watch onto my wrist.

"Thanks, Happy." I say, as I follow him down to the garage. We both get in and then he reveals the real reason why he's dropping me off today, "Oh, we're picking Pete up on the way, hope that's alright."

I unsuccessfully stifle a laugh.

"What?" He grumbles as he revs the engine and we speed out into the open roads of New York City.
"That's why you're driving. Maybe something to do with May...?" I accuse him.

Happy glances at me with fake offence, "No!"

"Yeah right! You're gonna pull up outside the block and she's gonna look out the window and see you driving your fresh, new Audi SQ7." I laugh.

He sighs in defeat, confirming I'm right

Happy pulls up into the Forest Hills neighbourhood and grinds to a stop just outside Peter's apartment. I reach over and beep the horn, ignoring Happy's attempt to flap my hand away.

I spot Peter coming out of the main door and yell at him excitedly, "Get in loser!" He hurries over to the car, grinning back at me and gets into the backseats.

Then I see Aunt May's head pop through one the windows, "Hey Arielle, good luck! Happy! Thanks for dropping Pete off at school today!"

Happy waves back at her, his face starting to turn more and more pink, "No problem, May!" He calls out and then he speeds back down the road, pressing down on the accelerator harshly.

"Show off." I say, and Peter and I both snigger.

Soon, we are being dropped off just outside the school gates, "Good luck, Arielle. Have a good day, kids." Happy calls as Peter and I hop out of the car.
I wave as the bulky, charcoal grey car speeds back down the road.