Chapter 1

It's been three days since the commotion. L has already figured out that Kira get information from headquarters and already hired FBI. Criminals continue to drop like flies. Some was controlled before their death. A question linger in everyone mind, who did all of this?

A sound of notification ringing from one of L's laptop. The one that he use to keep in touch with The Eye.

6 years ago

A software was downloaded. When he click it open the software, a page popped up. It looks like a messaging software. A message from EyeCU. He's 100% sure it was from The Eye. He open the chat eagerly, he wants to know what they sent him. Maybe this is his chance to find something out about another party.

"-Cute Kitties video-"

"Sry detective, wrong chatXP"

....

WhAT. It feel like it was intended. He's 84% sure that that wasn't an accident.

'This is Ryuzaki, Are you the eye?"

"No need to use alias here bro.
I already know who you are.
There's only you and me.
This conversation is a secret
to the world;)"

"Alright then, would you
introduce yourself then."

"Nice try :)"

"At least I tried :p"

-And they have been in some type of acquaintanceship since.

He opens the message, it reads...

'Together or alone. Just so you know, Even if you are alone. I will know all your conditions and information but you won't know mine. Think wisely, I give you time. The more brain cells, the better.'

The offer was very flattering, but this is a decision he shouldn't make by himself. To be honest, he doesn't really need too much time to think. Being the only one to give away the information felt like a lost for him, and he doesn't like to lose.

He would find a way to have The Eye to work with him. The HQ needs to know but it won't be easy. The Eye is still a criminal after all. They are pretty receptive in working with the police in his opinion. But the police won't be as accepting. How inconvenient...

---

"L... I'm sorry, but... I'm calling off our Japanese investigation. Those being killed in Japan were criminals, but we've lost innocent agents. This is a big loss. It was my decision to put them in Japan. Now my country will ask me to take responsibility for it. My face is publicly known, and I hold my life dear... The F.B.I. is washing its hands of the matter.*bzzz* Hmm, their headquarters are already calling. I'm going to tell him that we acted on your behalf, L. Goodbye." The chief of F.B.I. ended the call.

The usually emotionless face scrunch with agitation. Chewing on his curled fist.

He should have been watching the F.B.I. as well as the prisoners. It's too late for that now. This will definitely cause distrust between him and the HQ. Kira, your actions are big this time. You've surely left clues!

---

At HQ

"We may be killed by Kira, The fact that members of the FBI were killed means that he will murder anyone who oppose him, In addition to criminals. Think of yourself, think of your family, and think of your friends. Those who wish to resign may do so now. No one who leaves will receive a demotion. I've already left your reassignment up to the vice-director. But to whomever is willing to sacrifice everything I've mention to fight Kira. Be here at five O'clock when I return from my meeting." with that, the chief left the room.

time skip to five O'clock

There's only six people left including the chief himself. Eight if they include Watari and L.

"It is only you, with strong conviction, that I trust." An altered voice said from the computer.

"Ho-hold on a sec', L says that he trusts us, but we don't trust L." One with Afro spoke.

"L, we're determined to catch Kira even if it costs us our lives. We should all understand what it means to be put on the line."

"But you just order us around without showing your face."

"We will pursue Kira, but not with your assistance."

"And we're not the only ones. Many people doubt you or even oppose you."

"Definitely! twelve members of the FBI are dead because of you. You can't argue the circumstances."

"There are some criminal psychologists who are saying that 'L is Kira'. They  claim that L has multiple personalities. The one to ordered the FBI to move was L and the FBI agents who came to Japan are all dead. L would have known who they were. L... if you're willing to join forces with us and help us catch Kira, come to the headquarters and work with us in person." the chief demanded. As Police clearly showed distrust towards L, he replied

"Earlier, I said 'I only trust you people'. Watari."

Watari responded and turn the screen toward the police officers.

'What happens from now on must be kept between the eight of us.

Very soon I'm thinking of meeting you six, whom I trust.

None of you will mention a word of our meeting or the things mentioned in it. That includes, of course, your family, friends and the rest of the police.

Leave and consider whether or not you can promise me the above and put your faith in me.
I'll set up the meeting when those who have decided they can trust and work with me return to this room.' it read.

time skip

Five police officers standing in front of the the elevator on the highest floor of the five star hotel.

Things will get more interesting from now.

.

.

.

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ