Chapter 8- You

Late that Night

3rd POV

     "Are you sure you want to so this?" Mark asked, concerned for Ethan.

     "Yes, I have to," Ethan replied, looking into Mark's eyes.

     "Ethan, I-"

     "I will be fine."

     Mark sighed. He didn't know if Dark wanted to torture or to kill Ethan. Either way would be bad, but one a lot worse than the other. "Okay, I love you."

     "I love you too."

(I know the original stories had it as bromance, but personally I like to think of it as regular romance. This story does take place a year or two after the originals. If you don't like it, you can take 'I love you' to mean 'as a friend.' It is whatever you want. Also, I like to think of it as romance, but I would never do anything to try to force Mark and Ethan together in real life. This is an AU.)

     Mark left Ethan's room and went to his own. Sean was already in the guest bedroom, sleeping.

     Ethan sighed getting under the covers, preparing himself for the worst. He tossed and turned for a little while, and eventually fell asleep.

In Ethan's Dreams

3rd POV

     Ethan sat up in the dark, endless room. 

     "Hello again," he heard.

     "Why are you doing this? What do you want?" Ethan asked, trying to sound confident.

     "You know what I want," Dark said, coming into view. "I want you."

     "You can't have me. Mark, Sean, Blank, and Anti are all on my side."

     "Oh really? Are you sure about that? How can a dead person be on your side?"

     "What? What are you talking about? Did you do something?" Ethan started to panic. He couldn't tell if Dark was serious or not. He knew Dark liked to mess with people's minds.

     "Maybe, maybe not. I have figured out a way to kill stupid humans without killing their demon. If I wanted, I could kill your pesky 'Markimoo' anytime I want."

     "What?" Ethan wasn't prepared for this. He could handle torture, but not his friends' deaths.

     "You know you can't stop me. I am too strong for a weak human like yourself."

     "I- I-"

     "What? A cat's got your tongue? Aww, poor baby." Dark mocked. "Listen. No one has to find out about this. If you keep this between you and I, your friends will be fine."

     "No! Mark is strong! He can stop you!"

     "You really think so? How naive.  He is just as weak as you! Especially with his mother gone. Ugh, mothers. They are worthless."

     Ethan was stunned.

     "I wanted to see Mark in pain. Plus, she always got on my nerves. Blah, blah blah! SHE NEVER SHUT UP!" Dark screamed in Ethan's face, pushing him against the invisible wall. "But you will be better. I know you will. You will learn when not to speak," he looked calm again. "Won't you?" Dark glared at Ethan.

     "I- uh- yes." Ethan stammered. He didn't know what to do and he didn't know what he just agreed to.

     "That is what I thought."