3

The front door exploded open with a deafening bang, it nearly flying off its hinges. Rainey marched eagerly into the lounge where Keira was sat calmly. "What the fuck is your problem!?" Keira gasped in shock.

"Where is she!? Where is my baby!?" Rainey raised her bat.

"Get out of here! My sister is straight...she wants nothing to do with you" Keira said calmly.

"What?"

"You heard me"

"Mira!?" Rainey rushed upstairs and tried every door before coming to the locked one. She bust the lock and handle and went in. Mira was sat on her bed, quietly combing her hair. "Baby...come on, you're coming home. To me" Rainey said softly and slowly stepped closer.

"Don't even think about it" Keira said emotionlessly from the doorway.

"YOU FUCKING PSYCHOPATH! I KNOW ALL I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOU!" Rainey screamed angrily.

"And that is?"

"She isn't your sister! She's just your toy, if only the law would see it that way!" Rainey swung her bat and Keira dodged with ease. Mira watched with wide eyes quietly. "Mira...go to my car now!" Rainey called and she got up and left quickly.

"Just who do you think YOU are to make accusations!?" Keira grunted.

"I know everything! I was told! You're a sick bitch...how could you treat your own sister like this! She is just a toy for you to take your anger out on!" Rainey growled "Imagine if your parents found out..."

"Don't bring them into this! They're out of our lives for good! They're twisted bastards!"

"Like mother like daughter..." Rainey swung her bat, it slammed straight into her ribcage, knocking the wind from her.

"I told you...Mira is mine and I'm going to protect her with everything I've got!" Rainey chuckled manically as Keira fell to the floor.

"Don't take my sister! She's all I have left!" Keira's eyes watered heavily "I know you might not see it that way, but I care...I really do! That's why I took her away and got custody!".

"YOU BEAT HER!"

"Because sometimes I get scared and don't know how to control myself! But I love her, really...I just need her to be tough! Tougher than I was!" Keira sniffled.

Rainey glared at her before stepping calmly over her and heading out to the car, where Mira was curled up, shaking in the backseat. "Shhh, we're going home now baby" Rainey whispered softly as she started the car and out a blanket over her. Mira stayed as quiet as a mouse for the whole drive home, when they got home, Rainey ran a hot bath. "Do you trust me?" She asked Mira softly. Mira nodded slowly, still silent and trembling. Rainey quietly undressed her, examining her body with both sadness and lust. She got Mira into the bath and started to gently clean her. "What did she do to you?" Rainey asked cautiously.

"She told me...being lesbian is wrong, dating women is wrong. She made me promise not to see you again or she would kill you. She beat me, kicked, punched, used a belt. You name it" Mira sniffed "I'm scared rainey....I can't lose you, because...well, you're the sweetest, most beautiful girl I've ever met. Nobody has even been so kind to me" She sniffed, a tear rolling down her cheek as she curls into herself shyly covering her body. Rainey just stared in surprise, her heart fluttering, though her expression remained blank. She didnt know whether to be hurt or happy, she felt both.

"Did you know your parents?" Rainey asked.

Mira shook her head "Not really...I was too young, but I know I had two mothers....and...Keira told me that our mother killed our father and then married another woman".