PROLOGUE

Long story short, Evie's best friend, Enzo, turned off his humanity after he discovered that Maggie, the lady he fell in love with while at Augustine, was killed by Damon. And instead of hating Damon for what he did, Enzo decided he didn't want to feel anything at all and flipped his switch. Soon after, he took off with Elena. But it was Stefan who got to them first. Stefan didn't want to kill him but in a tragic twist, Enzo killed himself. Sure, Stefan shoved his fist in Enzo's chest to scare him, but Enzo decided that he'd rather have Damon live with the fact his brother killed his best friend, so he pushed himself away.

The only reason Evie even agreed to help the notorious Mystic Falls gang was so she could get her best friend back. When Enzo was still alive, the two shared a unique bond. It was completely platonic. And even though Evie had a twin, Jeremy, she was never close with him. Her bond with Enzo was like Chandler Bing and Joey Tribbiani or Hans Solo and Chewbacca. Wherever one of them was, the other was bound to be nearby.

Anyway, Evie, being the 'smart' individual she is, decided to join Elena and Damon in blowing up the Mystic Grill. Although she knew she would come back, it still made her slightly nervous. A few months ago, Evie got into an accident: a hit and run, to be precise. If it weren't for Enzo giving her his blood, she would've been dead for good. Evangeline has seemed to have gotten used to living the lifestyle of a vampire, but it can still be quite agitating when she doesn't know how to deal with her emotions.

After a good 10 minute walk, she finally made it back to Bonnie outside the crypt. There were others too- Stefan, Lexi, Tyler and...Enzo.

A smile plastered on her face, Evie charges for her dear friend and jumps on him and despite not seeing her coming, Enzo managed to catch her, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist. Quickly pulling away, Evie's face went from one of happiness to one of rage. And in one swift motion, she connected her hand to his cheek. The slap was as loud as a clap right in your ear.

"How dare you fucking leave me!" Evangeline yelled but the anger quickly left, and she hugged him again.

"I'm sorry, gorgeous. I won't...not again." Enzo calmly whispered in her ear, keeping his arms wrapped her, making Evie feel as if nothing could hurt her.

"Bonnie! Hey! It's too much for her. We need to start now!" Luke shouted, running out of the crypt and cutting the reunion short for the two vamps.

"No! We need to go together. Damon isn't here yet." Stefan said although it was almost impossible to hear him if it weren't for the advanced hearing of a vampire. The wind was howling louder than Klaus Mikaelson finding out someone betrayed him.

"Or Elena." Evie added.

"I don't care." Luke rushed over to Bonnie and gripped her arms, sending him through to the land of the living. Selfish prick. Evie thought. Bonnie turned to Tyler.

"You need to come through!" Bonnie begged, the exhaustion in her eyes was clear and only one person had gone through her. Enzo grabbed Evangeline's hand and began to drag her over to Bonnie, but she pulled back, making Enzo send her a questioning glare.

"I can't. Not until Alaric and Elena go through. Someone needs to be there for Jeremy." She explained, causing Enzo to scoff.

"Angel, you can be there for Jeremy, now let's go!" He yelled getting slightly impatient. Evie just stayed in her place. With a sigh, Enzo put his hands on either side of her face and kissed her gently on the forehead. "You better come back to me, Evangeline Gilbert."

"I promise." With that, he touched Bonnie and left. With a push from Evie, Tyler knocked into Bonnie, also sending him through to the living world.