Chapter 28.5 - Y/n vs Vali

When I was writing this, I realized it took way too much space, so I decided to make a mini chapter dedicated just to the fight between Y/n and Vali. Hope you guys enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N POV

With a split-second sidestep, I dodged his punch and his body continued to fly through the air, carried by momentum.

He flew a short distance before stopping and looking back at me. "Interesting."

Before he could say anything else, I said, "Look, this can go three ways. One: you don't do anything and just leave. Two: I pummel you in the next ten seconds and send your sorry ass back to whatever shithole the Brigade is hiding in. Three: I lead you on in a fight to gauge your abilities and still eventually beat you up. What'll it be?"

Like he had a headache, Vali put a hand to his head and gritted his teeth. "Hah, you talk too much. Fine then, I'll play along; I'll choose number four: Instead of me, you'll be the one who gets pummeled."

His wings flapped again and he shot towards me, fists out.

With a flick, a blue wall appeared between us, stopping Vali in his tracks. I controlled it to encase him, and the simple wall became a sphere.

It didn't stop him as he quickly burst out before I could make some distance between us. He didn't hesitate to come at me again. This time, I slapped his hand out of the way before sending a kick at his abdomen.

He stopped my leg with his other arm so I grabbed that arm he used and shot another kick at a weird angle in between the limbs to catch him off-guard.

My foot connected with his chest, and I sent Vali sprawling to the ground.

"Wow!" Everyone around us applauded.

Vali quickly jumped up. "Heh, you managed to land the first hit. I commend you for your skills. What about this, let's compete with martial skills now and switch over to our magic skills later."

"And I thought I talked too much. Fine then, your call it is."

He smiled, as if happy that he found a worthy sparring opponent.

Both of us made our wings dematerialize. We both planted our feet firmly and raised our arms into battle stances.

We kicked off at the same time, leaving cracks in the ground as we rushed at each other.

Like before, I kicked at him with my left leg. But, he deflected it with his right elbow, then used that same arm to grab my shoulder and force me to the ground. He sent a punch barreling for my face, but I rolled away and hopped back up.

Vali struck with a right hook and I responded by blocking it with my left arm. He tried to punch with his right, but I stopped it too. Using his arms as supports, I jumped up and kicked his chest with both feet, and Vali fell.

As soon as he got up, I punched with my right hand. He caught my hand and tried to force it behind me, but I spun around and hit his head with my left elbow. Giving him no time to recover, I grabbed him. Surprisingly, he was able to respond with a knee to my stomach and he turned me around and threw me to the ground again.

He went for another punch but I kicked his head to send him staggering and quickly stood up.

Vali grinned menacingly, which gave me a bad feeling.

As if injected with adrenaline, he rushed me once more, but this time more aggressively.

His arms lashed out, and countless afterimages of punches filled my sight. My pupils dilated and I raised my arms to block them all.